Pakistan frees detained Iranian guardsJanuary 16th, 2012 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 16 (IANS) Pakistan has freed three Iranian border guards detained earlier this month for shooting dead a Pakistani man and injuring his brother after illegally entering that country, the official media reported.
A court in southwestern Balochistan province ordered their release Saturday, Xinhua quoted the Press TV as saying.
The incident took place Dec 31 in Washuk district, three km from the border.
The Iranian guards were charged with murder.
The court pardoned the Iranian guards after they promised to pay blood money to the families of the victims.
It also imposed a penalty of 9,000 rupees (about $99) on each of the three Iranians for illegally entering the country.
Iranian Border Police Commander Brigadier General Hossein Zolfaqari had said that the guards were detained after they mistakenly crossed into Pakistan while chasing smugglers.
- Pakistani court frees three Iranian soldiers - Jan 15, 2012
- Iran spied upon from centres in neighbouring countries: MP - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran detains seven US troops - Sep 19, 2010
- Iran closes border with Pakistan after incident - Jan 03, 2012
- Iran summons freed US woman for trial - Feb 01, 2011
- 80 Afghans held for illegally entering Pakistan - Nov 25, 2011
- Iran to release detained US hikers - Sep 13, 2011
- Iran summons freed U.S. hiker Sara Shourd for trial - Feb 01, 2011
- Iran sentences US hikers to eight years in jail - Aug 21, 2011
- Iranian minister calls for trial of American hikers accused of espionage - Oct 17, 2010
- Jailed Americans in Iran get 20 days to appeal (Lead) - Aug 21, 2011
- Pak agencies still clueless about escaped high-profile Jundullah terrorists 4 months on - Oct 20, 2010
- Iran approves release of U.S. citizens convicted of spying - Sep 21, 2011
- 17 Iranian soldiers killed in ammunition depot blasts - Nov 13, 2011
- Iran rejects US claims over assassination plot - Oct 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,