Pakistan frees 89 Indian prisonersApril 14th, 2011 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, April 14(ANI): Pakistan has released 89 Indian prisoners from the Malir District Jail in Karachi in a follow-up to the Interior/Home Secretaries’ meeting in New Delhi last month.
The prisoners were put on buses and sent to Lahore, where they will be handed over to Indian authorities at the Wagah border.
These Indian prisoners were arrested between September 2009 and January 2010, the Dawn reports.
India had released 39 Pakistani prisoners on April 11 after both countries had exchanged a list of detainees during the Interior Secretary-level meeting last month.
India and Pakistan are scheduled to exchange the complete lists of prisoners on July 1, under an agreement renewed at the New Delhi meeting. (ANI)
- 14 Indians released from Karachi jail - Jul 28, 2011
- Pakistan frees 100 Indian fishermen - Aug 30, 2010
- Pakistan frees 311 Indian prisoners - Jun 27, 2012
- Pakistan to release 89 Indian fishermen - Apr 11, 2011
- Pakistan releases 100 Indian fishermen, to hand over at Wagah on Tuesday - Aug 30, 2010
- Pak releases 89 Indian fishermen - Apr 15, 2011
- Pak to free 89 Indian prisoners on Friday - Apr 13, 2011
- Pakistan releases 100 jailed Indian fishermen - Aug 30, 2010
- Pak releases another batch of 100 Indian fishermen - Sep 02, 2010
- Pakistan releases 180 Indian prisoners (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Pakistan frees 12 Indian fishermen - Dec 13, 2010
- Trade potential making India, Pakistan lift barriers - Feb 20, 2012
- Ex-judges' panel meets Indian prisoners in Pakistan jail - Apr 20, 2011
- India-Pakistan talks focus on liberalised visa regime (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- 180 Indian prisoners freed from Karachi jail - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: april 14, buses, complete lists, dawn, district jail, india and pakistan, indian authorities, indian prisoners, interior secretary, july 1, list of detainees, New Delhi, secretaries, wagah border