Pakistan expresses “total solidarity and support” to quake, tsunami-hit JapanMarch 12th, 2011 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar 12(ANI): Pakistan has expressed its “total solidarity and support” to the government and people of Japan in the aftermath of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit the country on Friday.
“We are deeply shocked over the terrible news of the strong earthquake and tsunami that has hit Japan. At this time of great trial, I wish you to know that the Government and people of Pakistan stand with you and the Japanese people in total solidarity and support,” President Asif Ali Zardari said in his condolence message to Emperor Akihito of Japan.
“Our profound sympathy and condolences to all those who lost their loved ones. Pakistan stands ready to provide any assistance to help our Japanese friends overcome the effects of this enormous natural calamity,” he added.
Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani also expressed solidarity with the Japanese government and its people.
In a message to his Japanese counterpart Naoto Kan, Gilani said: “We stand ready to help, in any manner, to alleviate the suffering and assist our Japanese friends to overcome effects of this terrible natural calamity.” (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh condoles loss of life and property in conversation with Japan PM - Mar 24, 2011
- Pakistan offers assistance for Japan quake victims - Mar 25, 2011
- Manmohan Singh speaks to Japanese PM, offers more help - Mar 24, 2011
- At least 91 dead, scores missing after quake, tsunamis devastate Japan - Mar 11, 2011
- India offers help to tsunami-hit Japan (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- PM condoles loss of life in Japan earthquake, offers help - Mar 11, 2011
- Japan thanks India for tsunami-related aid - Mar 24, 2011
- PM visits Japanese embassy, offers Indian assistance - Mar 18, 2011
- Dalai Lama offers prayers for tsunami victims - Mar 12, 2011
- Fresh fire at Japan n-plant, emperor deeply worried (Evening Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Haryana offers help to devastated Japan - Mar 15, 2011
- Buddhist monks in India pray for quake victims - Mar 13, 2011
- Japanese emperor says he is deeply worried over crisis - Mar 16, 2011
- Japanese finance minister Noda set to become prime minister - Aug 30, 2011
- Hilary Clinton to visit Japan next week - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: aftermath, akihito, condolence message, condolences, devastating earthquake, emperor akihito of japan, islamabad, japanese counterpart, japanese friends, japanese government, natural calamity, prime minister, profound sympathy, quake tsunami, raza, solidarity, support president, tsunami, yousaf, zardari