Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for MusharrafFebruary 13th, 2011 - 4:44 am ICT by BNO News
ISLAMABAD (BNO NEWS) — An anti-terrorism court in the Pakistani city of Rawalpindi on Saturday issued an arrest warrant against former President Pervez Musharraf in connection with the murder of Benazir Bhutto, The Nation newspaper reported.
The court issued the bail-able arrest warrant and ordered Musharraf to appear in court on February 19 after an incamera hearing of Benazir Bhutto assassination case was held in Adiala Jail before Judge Rana Nasar Ahmed Khan.
Prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) pleaded for the non-bailable arrest warrant against Pervez Musharraf, arguing the former president has been named as accused in the interim chalan presented to the court.
Muhammad Ali Saif, secretary-general of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) party, accused the government of not following legal procedures and said that the FIA did not contact Musharraf for a statement regarding the assassination case, otherwise he would have definitely recorded his statement. Musharraf’s spokesman in London said the former leader will not return to Pakistan, even though the FIA requested that Musharraf be declared a fugitive if he does not cooperate.
Forme prime minister Bhutto was shot dead in December 2007 in Rawalpindi while campaigning for the general election. The former military ruler has been living in London in a self-imposed exile after losing the general election in 2008.
- Pak not pursuing Musharraf's extradition from UK: Rehman Malik - Feb 23, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf's interview presented in court in connection with Benazir assassination case - Apr 23, 2011
- Pak court directs FIA to implement Musharraf's arrest warrant in BB murder case - Apr 09, 2011
- FIA asks Pak court to declare Musharraf 'absconder' in Benazir murder case - Apr 24, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Musharraf reissued in Benazir case - Jun 11, 2011
- Pakistan court declares Musharraf 'proclaimed offender' - May 30, 2011
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Musharraf warrant valid till compliance: Pakistan to Interpol - May 21, 2012
- Pakistan has not yet requested Britain for Musharraf's extradition: Cameron - Apr 06, 2011
- Pak probe agency gets 15 days to produce Musharraf in court in BB murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- FIA sends Musharraf's arrest warrant to Pak High Commission in London - Mar 07, 2011
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: ahmed khan, apml, arrest warrant against, bailable, benazir bhutto, chalan, chaudhry, federal investigation, investigation agency, living in london, military ruler, muhammad ali, nasar, pakistan court, pakistan muslim league, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, rawalpindi, saif, zulfiqar