Pakistan commerce minister to visit IndiaApril 10th, 2012 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) Pakistan Commerce Minister Mohammad Amin Fahim, accompanied by a trade delegation, will visit India this week to give a push to liberalisation of trade and visa norms.
Fahim will hold talks with his Indian counterpart Anand Sharma Thursday and will hold a joint press briefing, sources said.
The two ministers are likely to examine the issue of liberalisation of trade, especially in textiles, cement, electricity and petroleum segments.
This will be Fahim’s second visit to New Delhi in seven months.
Trade relations between India and Pakistan have deepened with frequent ministerial, official and business delegation visits in the last one year.
Industry Minister Anand Sharma, accompanied by chief executives of over 100 companies, visited Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad in February this year. Sharma is the first trade minister to visit Pakistan in more than three decades.
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) will organise business-to-business meetings between the Indian and the visiting Pakistani delegation Thursday, a FICCI official said.
Apart from holding bilateral talks, the two ministers will inaugurate a four-day exhibition in which over 100 Pakistani lifestyle companies will showcase their products and services.
The event called ‘Lifestyle Pakistan’ to be held from April 12-15 at Pragati Maidan here, is being organised by the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan.
It follows a three-day India Show organised by FICCI in Lahore in February this year.
- India to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 08, 2012
- India, Pakistan agree to dismantle trade barriers - Feb 13, 2012
- Pakistan will take forward MFN status promise: Sharma - Jan 23, 2012
- Pakistan expo aims to reap trade benefits, goodwill - Apr 12, 2012
- Trade potential making India, Pakistan lift barriers - Feb 20, 2012
- Pakistan pushes trade diplomacy, talks on MFN Wednesday - Sep 27, 2011
- Anand Sharma heads for Pakistan with 150-strong business team - Feb 12, 2012
- `Pakistan, India trade talks to give peace a chance' - Feb 15, 2012
- India, Pakistan to open new gate for trade by April-end - Feb 13, 2012
- Political push can see India-Pakistan trade boom - Apr 08, 2012
- MFN status unlikely during Sharma's Pakistan visit - Feb 13, 2012
- India, Pakistan trade bodies sign deal - Sep 28, 2011
- 750 Pakistanis in Delhi, fashioning way ahead in ties - Apr 14, 2012
- India, Pakistan target doubled trade in three years - Sep 28, 2011
- Pakistan hints at transit trade rights to India - Oct 11, 2011
Tags: bilateral talks, business delegation, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, chief executives, commerce minister, delegation visits, ficci, india and pakistan, indian chambers of commerce, indian counterpart, industry minister, islamabad, maidan, mohammad amin, petroleum segments, seven months, three decades, trade delegation, trade minister