Pakistan, China vow to enhance strategic partnershipJune 15th, 2009 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
Yekaterinburg (Russia), June 15 (IANS) Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Chinese President Hu Jintao Monday reiterated they would enhance cooperation in all areas and vowed to make progress on strategic partnership, the Online news agency reported.
The two leaders met here Monday ahead of the 9th summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
Zardari, while apprising his Chinese counterpart of the ongoing battle against the militants, assured him that the operation will continue till all the terrorists are eliminated from the Pakistani soil. He said terrorists are on the run and targeting innocent people.
The Pakistani leader informed the Chinese president about the measures being taken by his government to resolve the issue of the displaced people and thanked Beijing for its help to Islamabad to deal with the situation.
The Chinese president, while praising Pakistan’s role in the war on terror, emphasised unity and progress on intelligence sharing to counter the menace of terrorism.
Both leaders agreed to boost cooperation in the economic and defence sectors.
The annual Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit will discuss ways to tackle the global financial crisis and boost cooperation in political, economic, security and other areas among its member states.
The Pakistani president is also expected to meet Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday.
Over a dozen countries, including India, China, Russia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Iran and Sri Lanka, are participating in the conference.
- Zardari, Ahmadinejad reach China for Shanghai summit - Jun 05, 2012
- Pakistan seeks full membership of Shanghai group - Jun 13, 2011
- Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit - Jun 03, 2012
- China to issue $10 bn in loans to SCO members - Jun 07, 2012
- Pakistani PM to attend SCO summit in Russia - Nov 01, 2011
- SCO summit convenes in Beijing - Jun 05, 2012
- Hu Jintao charts priorities for Shanghai group - Jun 15, 2011
- China to loan $10 bn to SCO nations - Jun 08, 2012
- Pakistan wants full SCO membership - Jun 06, 2012
- SCO against interventionism, says Chinese president - Jun 06, 2012
- Krishna, in 'holding room', with Zardari at Beijing - Jun 06, 2012
- Putin to pay state visit to China - May 13, 2012
- India to pitch for larger role at SCO summit - May 27, 2012
- India pitches for SCO's membership, Afghan role - Jun 05, 2012
- Putin proposes anti-terror centre in SCO - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, china russia, chinese counterpart, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, defence sectors, dozen countries, global financial crisis, hu jintao, india china, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, manmohan, manmohan singh, president hu jintao, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, shanghai cooperation organisation, strategic partnership, war on terror