Pakistan car blast kills trooper; eight injured (Second Lead)June 20th, 2010 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 20 (IANS) A paramilitary trooper was killed and eight others, including five civilians, were injured Sunday in a car bomb blast in Pakistan’s northwestern Quetta city, a media report said.
An explosives-laden Alto car, parked next to the Sariab Road, was detonated when a Frontier Corps vehicle was passing near a polytechnic in Quetta, Geo TV said.
Three injured troopers and five civilians were taken to hospital. Eyewitnesses said fire tenders rushed to the scene as a fire broke out after the attack.
- Eight security men hurt in Pakistan grenade attack (Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- Blasts rock Pakistan, 11 killed - Sep 18, 2012
- Suicide blast kills nine Pakistani troopers (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- One killed, 15 hurt in Quetta bombing (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Two school kids killed in Syria bombing - Jul 15, 2012
- Seven dead in Peshawar blast - Feb 12, 2012
- 30 killed in twin suicide blasts in Pakistan - May 13, 2011
- Eight die as militants open fire in Pakistan park (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- 25 killed, 55 injured in Pakistan bombings - Sep 07, 2011
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Rail track, gas pipeline blown up in Pakistan - Jul 22, 2012
- 68 dead, 80 hurt in twin suicide blasts in Pakistan (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- 68 dead, 80 hurt in Pakistan twin bombings (Second Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Five suicide bombers killed in Pakistan (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- Policemen injured in Pakistan grenade attack - Jun 20, 2010