Pakistan can be developed by defeating extremism, says MusharrafDecember 26th, 2010 - 2:58 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 26 (ANI): Pakistan can be developed by defeating extremism, poverty and the so-called leaders, former president and All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) chief Pervez Musharraf has said.
Addressing the birth anniversary ceremony of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah at the APML Secretariat on telephone, Musharraf said he was a great leader, and that there was a need to follow his teachings in every field of life, the Daily Times reported.
Jinnah was a very progressive leader, and wanted a country where all communities practiced their religion independently, but unfortunately it did not happen, the former president added.
Musharraf said Pakistan was passing through a critical stage, and that all should now get united to foil the conspiracies against the country.
Extremism is dangerous for the integrity of Pakistan, and the nation is in dire need of eliminating all kinds of terrorism, he added. (ANI)
- 'Nawaz will neither regain power nor be able to try me in court of law': Musharraf - Nov 08, 2010
- Jinnah's vision made Pakistan nuclear power: AQ Khan - Dec 26, 2010
- Musharraf admits mistakes, launches new party - Oct 02, 2010
- Nobody can stop Musharraf's return to Pakistan: APML - Apr 19, 2011
- Musharraf's party's 'people-friendly' manifesto to bring positive change in Pak: Tahir - Apr 30, 2011
- Jihad against India only solution to Kashmir issue: Nazria Pakistan Trust - Mar 23, 2011
- Ex-advisers say Musharraf had no role in Benazir, Nawab Bugti killings - May 03, 2010
- Musharraf selects seat in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to contest poll - Nov 22, 2010
- Pakistan observes 63rd death anniversary of Mohammad Ali Jinnah - Sep 12, 2011
- Sharif wants Pak army to file high treason suit against Musharraf - Aug 15, 2009
- Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf - Feb 13, 2011
- Jinnah's 62nd death anniversary observed in Pakistan - Sep 11, 2010
- Musharraf to hold public meet via video Sunday - Apr 16, 2011
- Zardari vows to be guarantor of Pakistan's better future - Dec 26, 2010
- Musharraf to formally launch new party in September, says spokesperson - Aug 28, 2010
Tags: anniversary ceremony, apml, birth anniversary, conspiracies, critical stage, dire need, extremism, former president, integrity, kinds of terrorism, muhammad ali, muhammad ali jinnah, pakistan muslim league, pervez musharraf, poverty, progressive leader, quaid e azam, religion, secretariat