Pakistan Army kills 25 militantsSeptember 27th, 2008 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 27 (Xinhua) At least 25 militants and three soldiers were killed Saturday in an operation carried out by the Pakistan Army in the country’s northwestern Bajaur tribal region, Dawn News TV channel reported.The Bajaur tribal region has been the scene of fierce fighting between security forces and the militants since Aug 6. Over 1,000 militants have been killed in the operation so far.
Five senior Taliban and Al Qaeda commanders were also among the dead, the report quoted military officials as saying.
Around 300,000 people have been displaced in the ongoing military offensive in the area.
A senior Pakistan army commander said it would take two more months to bring stability to the region.
- 80 percent of Mohmand cleared of militants: Pakistan Army - Sep 01, 2011
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- Seven militants killed in Pakistan's tribal area - Aug 01, 2012
- Female suicide bomber kills 44 in Pakistan (Fifth Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Taliban tenacity, ineffective governance negating Pak army gains in S.Waziristan - Nov 20, 2010
- Pakistani troops kill 38 militants in northwest (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Pakistan - Dec 10, 2010
- Troops kill 30 militants in Pakistan - Mar 05, 2010
- 30 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 13, 2009
- Pakistani forces repel Taliban attack, 30 insurgents killed - Mar 04, 2010
- Nine soldiers, 37 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - May 10, 2010
- US drone attack kills 22 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Mar 17, 2011
- US airstrikes kill six militants, say Pakistani officials - Jun 29, 2010
- Over 50 killed in Pakistan fighting (Lead) - Oct 27, 2009