Pakistan Army, ISI infected with cancer: MQMMay 28th, 2011 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 28 (IANS) The Pakistan Army and the country’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency were partially “infected with cancer”, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has said.
MQM chief Altaf Hussain said in an address to party workers Friday that the government has not guided the nation correctly, Geo News reported.
MQM is considered the largest liberal and secular political party of Pakistan and holds immense mobilizing potential in Sindh province.
“The Pakistani nation is being fooled that the nuclear assets are safeguarded. This national security agency (ISI) should answer the nation in this regard,” Hussain said.
Speaking about the criticism being directed towards the army and ISI over the killing of Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden May 2, Hussain said it would be unjust to blame army chief Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani or ISI head Lt. Gen. Ahmad Shuja Pasha for the failure, the Pakistan Observer reported.
It was the institution that had failed and not the individual. The institution did not discharge its responsibility with honesty, integrity and a sense of duty, Hussain said.
He said that despite everything, Pakistan continues to blame the US for every action.
“We have to decide whether we want US aid or we are prepared to go without US aid? The time for the decision is now,” Hussain was quoted as saying.
The army and the ISI as a whole were not bad as institutions, he said.
It was the top of the structure that was affected by gangrene. The gangrenous part should be surgically removed in order to save the entire institution, he said.
- Pakistan mulls successor to ISI chief - Feb 16, 2012
- MQM criticises US court order against Pak intelligence personnel - Dec 26, 2010
- Gilani names Zaheerul Islam as new ISI chief - Mar 10, 2012
- ISI chief to visit US - Jul 13, 2011
- US to restore military aid to Pakistan? (Lead) - Jul 17, 2011
- Memogate not an issue : Gilani - Dec 11, 2011
- Amid tensions, ISI chief to visit US (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- ISI chief leaves for Washington for day's visit (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Apologise for security lapse on Osama: MQM chief - May 04, 2011
- US to respect Pakistani's sovereignty: ISI chief - Jul 17, 2011
- Sacked Pakistani official says he was ignorant of rules - Jan 14, 2012
- 'I won't mind returning with 'military uniform on' to make Pakistan sovereign': Altaf - Jan 25, 2011
- Pakistan's defence in strong hands: Gilani - Feb 26, 2012
- Won't support any coup, says Imran Khan - Jan 12, 2012
- Gilani rejects trust vote as Zardari returns home (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: altaf, army chief, ashfaq, geo news, honesty integrity, inter services, kayani, mqm, muttahida qaumi movement, national security agency, nuclear assets, osama bin laden, pakistan army, pakistan observer, pakistani nation, parvez, security agency isi, sense of duty, shuja, spy agency