Pakistan Army fires at Indian posts in KashmirJune 3rd, 2009 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, June 3 (IANS) The Pakistan Army Wednesday fired bursts of gunfire at Indian posts near the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir once again violating the over five-year ceasefire agreement between the two nuclear armed neighbours, an official said here.
The “unprovoked” firing, which was not retaliated, caused no damage, an Indian Army official told IANS on condition of anonymity because he is not authorised to speak to the media on record.
“Pakistani troops fired three to four bursts in Saujian sector of Rajouri at 10.45 a.m. today,” the official said.
The Indian Army has taken a “serious note of this (ceasefire violation)”, the official said. “We shall be sending a message across and ask the reason for this violation.”
This is the second ceasefire violation in less than a month this year on the LoC - a defacto border between India and Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir.
On May 9, the Pakistani Army violated the ceasefire along the LoC by firing two mortar shells at Indian posts.
Last year Defence Minister A.K. Antony said Pakistan had violated the ceasefire over thirty times since it was agreed between India and Pakistan in November 2003.
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- All quiet at LoC, day after six-hour firing - May 24, 2010
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Aug 26, 2011
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistan ready for flag meeting after firing - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- One Indian soldier injured in six-hour firing on LOC (Third Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Pakistani, Indian troops battle on Kashmir border (Third Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: anonymity, antony, army official, ceasefire agreement, defence minister, fires, gunfire, india and pakistan, indian army, jammu and kashmir, june 3, kashmir, loc, mortar shells, neighbours, pakistan army, pakistani army, pakistani troops, sending a message