Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran must work on a joint strategy: ZardariMay 24th, 2009 - 7:14 pm ICT by ANI
Tehran, May 24 (ANI): Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has said his country, Afghanistan and Iran need to evolve a joint strategy to solve their border-related probelems.
Addressing a trilateral conference, Zardari said the global downturn has impacted Pakistan and Afghanistan most. He said that the present generation was handicapped due to lack of better education and employment opportunities and we would have to do enough for saving our coming generations.
He said that peace and stability was the imperative for progress in the region. He said that Iran and Afghanistan was also facing situation similar to us.
Zardari urged the three countries to work in harmony for the betterment of the region and invited both Afghan President, Hamid Karzai and Iran President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Pakistan,
Ahmadinejad said that Iran considers Afghanistan and Pakistan its second home and added the region was inflicted with the terrorism, militancy, extremism and foreign intervention. He said all three countries were the inheritors of a common civilization and facing a common enemy, for which, we have to work jointly.
Karzai said that his country was in a state of war for the last thirty years and stressed on peace for the stability of the region.
It was also decided that the next trilateral conference would be held in Islamabad. (ANI)
- Islamabad hosts trilateral summit - Feb 16, 2012
- Islamabad hosts trilateral summit (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Pakistan to work with neighbours for peace: Zardari - Nov 02, 2011
- Will battle terror together: Zardari - Feb 17, 2012
- Pakistan won't help US attack Iran: Zardari - Feb 17, 2012
- Pakistan denies military double game with Taliban - Feb 18, 2012
- Krishna heading to Istanbul for Afghan conference - Oct 31, 2011
- Pakistan to give military training to Afghan army - Nov 04, 2011
- Zardari, Karzai pledge to battle terror - Jul 20, 2011
- Pakistan to train Afghan Army - Nov 04, 2011
- Australia to give $200 mn aid to Pakistan - May 21, 2012
- Obama, Karzai speak on strategic issues - Feb 21, 2012
- Zardari for Pak-Af-Iran front to ensure regional stability (Lead) - May 24, 2009
- India, Afghanistan to jointly combat terror (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- With Pakistan watching, India firming up big plans on Afghanistan - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: afghan president hamid karzai, asif ali zardari, better education, betterment, civilization, common enemy, employment opportunities, extremism, global downturn, hamid karzai, imperative, iran president, last thirty years, mahmoud ahmadinejad, may 24, peace and stability, president hamid karzai, state of war, tehran, trilateral conference