”Pak troop mobilisation a trap for India to ease global pressure on Islamabad”December 27th, 2008 - 7:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec. 27 (ANI): Pakistans decision of mobilising it’’s troops to its eastern border with India is being touted as a trick to get the US benefit and have the current pressure on Islamabad eased.
One theory doing the rounds in Washington is that if India falls prey to Islamabads trick, it would overshadow the Mumbai terror attack and because the world would be anxious at the prospect of two nuclear powers going to war, the Daily Times reported.
Currently, the US has expressed its surprise over Pakistans troop mobilisation on its eastern border, as it has seen little hint of aggression from the Indian army.
Even during the last week, the US had assured Pakistan that India was not likely to launch a war. The US has also urged Islamabad to dismantle the cross-border terrorism mechanism.
Pakistan is yet to decide a strategy besides constantly asking for the evidence in the Mumbai attacks.
Earlier, Pakistans Ambassador Husain Haqqani to the US had said, Pakistan does not seek war, but we need to be vigilant against threats of war emanating from the other side of our eastern border.
He also stated that both the countries should refrain from the blame game and unite against terrorism, which is a common menace for the both the nations.
Hussain Haqqani said that the democratic countries do not fight and he hoped that joint efforts would be made in the war against terrorism. (ANI)
- American troops mass near Pakistani border - Oct 17, 2011
- Britain asks Pakistan to finish Haqqani network - Dec 02, 2011
- 'Pak military's "dual policy" on terrorist safe havens an open invite to US incursions' - Dec 23, 2010
- Pakistan embassy in US receiving continuous threats since Bin Laden's death: Haqqani - May 05, 2011
- Bonn conference stresses on rebuilding Afghanistan - Dec 05, 2011
- LeT elimination among US' 'sizeable wish-list' to Pak to uproot terror - Apr 29, 2011
- US tipped off Pakistan on Mumbai accused, but no action taken - May 09, 2011
- India pitches for Marshall Plan-like initiative for Afghanistan - Dec 05, 2011
- Pakistan cannot continue to be safe haven for terror: US - Sep 21, 2011
- US wants fairness for Haqqani in memo scandal - Jan 07, 2012
- Terror from Pakistan-controlled territory a core concern: India - Nov 24, 2011
- Pakistan denies reports on troop shift - Apr 30, 2010
- Pakistan abets Afghan insurgents to limit Indian influence: US report - Oct 29, 2011
- Pakistan under pressure with US troops at Afghan border: Daily - Oct 18, 2011
- Ijaz sticks to his coup claim in testimony from London (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: aggression, ambassador, blame game, cross border, democratic countries, doing the rounds, eastern border, global pressure, going to war, haqqani, India, indian army, islamabad, nuclear powers, pakistan, prey, surprise, terror attack, war against terrorism