Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US on Dec 13December 11th, 2010 - 1:48 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Dec 11(ANI): Six new F-16 C/D Block 52 high-tech aircraft will reportedly arrive in Pakistan from the United States on December 13, after which the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will have a total of 18 such aircraft.
In 2005-06, Pakistan had signed a contract with the US government for the acquisition of 18 F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft, under which the PAF would receive these state-of-the-art aircraft from the US in staggered batches, the Daily Times reported.
While the first batch of three aircraft arrived in Pakistan in May 2010, and the second batch- of the same quantity- at the PAF Base in Shahbaz (Jacobabad) in October, six more aircraft reached the country in November.
The F-16 C/D aircraft is a high tech fighter aircraft equipped with state-of-the-art avionics suite and latest weapons with Night Precision Attack capability. These aircraft are part of the bid by the PAF to modernise and enhance its air defence capabilities. (ANI)
- Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US today - Nov 20, 2010
- Pak gets second batch of three F-16 jets from US - Oct 31, 2010
- Pakistan gets new fighter planes from US - Feb 07, 2012
- PAF inducts three F-16s received from US in its fleet - Jun 27, 2010
- No restriction on Pak over use of F-16s : PAF chief - Jun 28, 2010
- Pakistan gets six more F-16 aircraft - Nov 20, 2010
- Pak gets last batch of 5 F-16s from US - Dec 14, 2010
- First of 18 F-16D combat aircraft for Pakistan rolls out - Oct 14, 2009
- Pakistan receives three US F-16 aircraft - Oct 30, 2010
- PAF gets its first air-to-air refuelling aircraft - Dec 20, 2009
- Pakistan gets upgraded F-16s from Turkey - Feb 25, 2012
- US to deliver first three of 18 F-16s to Pak today - Jun 26, 2010
- Kayani lauds Pak Air Force role in counterterrorism operations - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan to get F-16s with tough stipulations - Jun 14, 2010
- C-130J reaches Hindon ahead of induction into IAF - Feb 04, 2011