Pak to get minute-to-minute info on river flow from IndiaJune 18th, 2009 - 4:13 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 18 (ANI): In an effort to minimize damage caused by floods in the country, Pakistan has made arrangements with India to receive minute-to-minute detailed information about river flows in the north-western parts of the country.
In an inter-provincial meeting of the Federal Flood Commission here, Pakistan Minister for Water and Power, Raja Pervez Ashraf, was told by the Indus Waters Commissioner that adequate arrangements have been made for receiving up-to-the-minute flood flow data of Indian rivers crossing over into Pakistan.
The meeting also reviewed various measures undertaken by the federal and provincial departments to manage the increased volumes of water flow during the monsoon season.
During the meeting, Ashraf asked the top officials of the Meteorological Department to assist all other concerned departments through timely and accurate weather forecasts, The Dawn reports.
Ashraf said the government is eager to provide all possible resources for the implementation of flood management measures on a large and long term scale. (ANI)
- Pakistan flood aid tops $800 mn - Aug 22, 2010
- Indus Water Commissioners to meet amid Pakistani rhetoric - Mar 09, 2010
- Thailand's flood death toll rises to 112 - Sep 19, 2011
- 'Floods maroon Pakistani villages as India releases Sutlej water' - Aug 21, 2011
- Don't blame us for water woes, India tells Pakistan - Feb 26, 2010
- India, Pakistan agree to install telemetry system on Indus to record water flow - Jul 23, 2010
- Pakistan sets up panel to deal with water issues with India - Sep 27, 2011
- Heavy rains spark fresh flood fears in Bihar - Sep 25, 2011
- Pakistan braces for flood surge - Aug 05, 2010
- More flood warnings for Pakistan, Jacobabab threatened - Aug 16, 2010
- Pakistani team inspects artificial lake site in Jammu - Feb 20, 2011
- Flood alert in nine districts in Bihar - Sep 11, 2011
- Flood waters recede, people return home in north Pakistan - Aug 30, 2010
- Pakistan team visiting Jammu Sunday - Feb 19, 2011
- Bihar floods worsen, over 100 villages inundated - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: accurate weather forecasts, adequate arrangements, ashraf, country pakistan, federal flood, flood flow, flood management, floods, flow data, indian rivers, islamabad, management measures, meteorological department, monsoon season, possible resources, provincial departments, river flow, river flows, water and power, water flow