Pak test fires nuclear capable Hatf-VIIIMay 8th, 2008 - 2:31 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad , May 8 (ANI): A day after India launched its Agni-III missile, Pakistan test-fired the nuclear-capable Hatf-VIII air-launched cruise missile, which has a range of 350 kilometers.
A Pakistan military spokesperson said that the Hatf-VIII or Raad Missile would enhance the countrys capability to strike at targets on land and at sea.
The test was a part of a ‘continuing process of validating the design parameters of the countrys weapons system’, he added.
Describing the launch as successful, he added that the indigenously developed missile had ’special stealth capabilities’.
The Raad which means ‘Thunder’ in Arabic was a low-altitude and terrain following missile with high manoeuvrability, and could deliver all types of warheads with great accuracy.
The Raad, exclusively developed for launch from aerial platforms, ‘has enabled Pakistan to achieve a greater strategic stand-off capability on land and at sea. Such complex cruise missile technology has been developed by only a few countries of the world, he claimed.
In a message, President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani congratulated the scientists and engineers on successful test.
The Raad was tested for the first time in August last year. Officials earlier said that the missile had a very low probability of detection due to its stealth design and the materials used in its construction.
Pakistan has conducted a series of missile tests in the past few months. (ANI)
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable Hatf-VIII missile - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan successfully test fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Apr 29, 2011
- Pakistan test-fires n-capable missile (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan tests cruise missile Hatf-VII - Jun 05, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Sep 17, 2012
- Pakistan to test-fire n-missile - May 19, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable missile (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable, short-range missile (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Pakistan test-fires cruise missile - Oct 29, 2011
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan test-fires cruise missile - May 08, 2008
- Pakistan test fires n-capable Hatf missile (Second Lead) - May 08, 2008
- Indian missile test makes a splash in Pakistani websites - Apr 19, 2012
- US happy Pakistan informed India before missile test - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: aerial platforms, agni iii missile, countries of the world, cruise missile, design parameters, hatf, islamabad, launch, low altitude, military spokesperson, missile technology, missile tests, pakistan test, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, raza, stealth capabilities, warheads, weapons system, yousaf