Pak Taliban warn women to wear hijab, else face acid burnsJuly 31st, 2008 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, July 31 (ANI): The Pakistan unit of the Taliban the Tehreek-e-Islami Taliban Pakistan (TIP) has reportedly threatened the owners of CDs shops, Internet cafes and cable service providers to close down their activities, and warned the women to wear hijab to ensure safety, else their face would be disfigured by acid.
The Taliban gave a 15-day notice to several un-Islamic businesses like video parlours and CD shops, in Kot Addu to shut down or face dire consequences, reported the Daily Times.
The computer typed letter had Baitullah Mehsuds photograph on it along with two gunmen, and there were also Quranic verses about Jihad around the picture, said Kot Addu Police Station House Officer (SHO) Irfan Khosa.
The message said that the Western and the Indian media were damaging the character of youths and madrassa students, the official said, and added that the business of music and movies was Haram.
Muzaffargarh District Police Officer (DPO) Shahzad Sultan said that the police had increased the security though it could not independently confirm the groups activities.
According to the paper, the second paragraph said that within five days of the receipt of the letter, every woman not wearing Hijab would be disfigured with acid, while the following third paragraph said that very soon we would cleanse earth from the traitors of Allah.
Name of Khalid Mehsud, purported local Taliban leader, was printed at the end, added the paper. (ANI)
- Islamist politics rages in sun-kissed Maldives, India worried (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Maldives: Violence grips atoll that hosted SAARC - Feb 09, 2012
- Six kids hurt in Afghan suicide bombing - May 20, 2012
- Woman held for forcing daughter into prostitution - Jun 30, 2011
- Can the burqa coexist with the bikini? - Mar 19, 2011
- Mehsud rejects Mullah Omar's appeal of stopping terror activities in Pak - Jun 20, 2009
- U.S. warns of terrorist attacks in Nigerian capital - Nov 07, 2011
- Five killed, 25 wounded in suicide blast at police station in northwest Pakistan - Mar 24, 2011
- Six policemen wounded in militant attack on police van in Hangu - Mar 23, 2011
- Behind 'coup': Islamist politics rages in sun-kissed Maldives - Feb 13, 2012
- Wear headscarf or face death, woman told in Britain - Apr 18, 2011
- Now, Taliban send threats to Mansehra beauty parlours - Aug 17, 2009
- Hyderabad Police bans massage parlours - Jun 29, 2010
- Ex-Pakistani CM booked over actress' abduction - Dec 29, 2011
- Sitting in haunted room? Not a ghost of a chance, say cops - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: acid burns, addu, allah, cable service providers, cd shops, district police, gunmen, house officer, internet cafes, islami, jihad, lahore, police officer, police station, quranic verses, shahzad, station house, taliban, taliban leader, traitors