Pak Taliban demands death for Raymond DavisFebruary 14th, 2011 - 3:15 pm ICT by ANI
Miranshah, Feb 14(ANI): Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has said that the government should execute double murder-accused US official Raymond Davis, or hand him over to them.
“We demand that the Pakistani government hang Raymond Davis or otherwise hand him over to us. We will decide his fate,” the Daily Times quoted TTP spokesman Azam Tariq, as saying.
Tariq further claimed that Davis, whose exact role in Pakistan is not clear, was a spy.
“He was here for spying. He is an American spy. We will kill all those people and will target them who will help him Davis or try to set him free,” Tariq said.
“He is a killer, he has killed two innocent Pakistanis. We will take revenge for them,” he added.
Davis was arrested on January 27 after he shot two Pakistani men to death at Mazang Chowk in Lahore.
He has claimed that he acted in self-defence fearing that the two men were about to rob him. (ANI)
- Pak police says it has proof that US diplomat's shooting was "clear murder" - Feb 11, 2011
- Taliban warn to whisk away PPP leaders if Pak Govt allows Davis to go scot-free - Feb 25, 2011
- Pak court sends US consulate worker on six-day remand on double murder charges - Jan 28, 2011
- Gilani declines to comment on US 'diplomat's' arrest - Jan 31, 2011
- Pak probe team recovers 'spying equipment' from murder-accused US official's custody - Feb 08, 2011
- Pak Punjab Govt. won't bow to pressure in murder-accused US diplomat's trial: Shahbaz - Feb 01, 2011
- Pak court extends double murder-accused US diplomat's remand till Feb 11 - Feb 03, 2011
- US, Pak at odds over identity of consulate worker charged with Lahore double murder - Jan 29, 2011
- Pakistan rejects US demand for Raymond Davis's release - Jan 31, 2011
- Taliban claim responsibility for attack on NATO tankers in Quetta - Oct 07, 2010
- US seeks custody of double murder-accused diplomat in Pak over diplomatic immunity - Jan 30, 2011
- Pak police dismiss murder-accused US official's "self-defence" claim as 'unconvincing' - Feb 05, 2011
- US official to be charged with murder: Pakistani police - Feb 11, 2011
- No diplomatic immunity for murder-accused US consulate worker: Pak official - Jan 30, 2011
- Don't free Davis, warns ex-spy chief (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: american spy, chowk, double murder, exact role, fate, feb 14, january 27, lahore, pakistan, pakistani government, pakistanis, raymond davis, revenge, self defence, spokesman, taliban, tariq, ttp, two men