Pak Taliban claims responsibility for Lahore, Nowshera mosques attackJune 13th, 2009 - 12:24 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, June 13 (ANI): The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for Friday’s serial suicide attacks on two mosques in Nowshera and Lahore.
It had also took responsibility for the Pearl Continental Hotel bombing in Peshawar, saying more such attacks would be carried out in future against all those who oppose their decree.
“Dr Sarfraz Naeemi was killed for his anti-suicide attack decree, the attack on Peshawar’s Pearl Continental Hotel was to avenge the attack on a madrassa in Orakzai, and the Nowshera mosque was targeted in response to the military operation,” The Daily Times quoted senior TTP commander Hakeemullah Mehsud’s deputy, Saeed Hafiz, as saying.
Pakistan’s top religious scholar, Dr Sarfraz Naeemi Al-Azhari and three of his close companions were killed while six others were wounded when a suicide bomber struck Lahore’s leading religious institution, Jaamia Naeemia, just after the Friday prayers.
In Nowshera, at least four persons were killed and 100 others injured when a suicide bomber hit a mosque with his explosive laden vehicle.
The attack took place near the Garrison Supply Depot which is considered as the most sensitive area of the town. (ANI)
- Hafiz Saeed's "Jekyll and Hyde" act over religious leader's assassination - Jun 13, 2009
- Mehsud booked for Pak religious scholar's murder - Jun 14, 2009
- Orakzai Taliban claims responsibility for recent Pak suicide attacks - Jun 15, 2009
- 7 killed, many injured in serial mosque blasts in Lahore, Nowshera on Bloody Friday - Jun 12, 2009
- Pak Taliban threatens to unleash its "jacketwalas" against prominent religious leaders - Jun 17, 2009
- Anti-Taliban cleric among 12 killed in Pakistan blasts (Third Lead) - Jun 12, 2009
- Eight killed in Pakistan blasts (Second lead) - Jun 12, 2009
- Taliban sends 'veiled' female bombers to wreak havoc in Punjab - Feb 09, 2010
- Twin bomb blasts rock Pakistan - Jun 12, 2009
- Special force needed to curb terror menace in Pak : Sharif - Jun 15, 2009
- US blacklists Pak Taliban commander Qari Hussain for "wanton acts of violence" - Jan 21, 2011
- 640 Pakistanis died in 37 suicide attacks this year - Nov 29, 2010
- US sanctions 'deadliest' Pakistan Taliban leader - Jan 20, 2011
- Killing of Pak doctor part of Taliban war on educated - Oct 09, 2010
- Pakistan confirms Hakimullah Mehsud's death - Feb 10, 2010
Tags: companions, hafiz, madrassa, military operation, mosque, mosques, pakistan, pearl continental hotel, prayers, religious institution, religious scholar, saeed, sarfraz, sensitive area, suicide attack, suicide attacks, suicide bomber, taliban, ttp