Pak taking steps to evacuate its nationals from Libya: Foreign OfficeFebruary 28th, 2011 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Feb 28(ANI): The Pakistan government is taking steps to evacuate its nationals stranded in trouble-ridden Libya, a Foreign Office spokesperson has said.
Tehmina Janjua said that a special task force has been set up by the Foreign Ministry to monitor the situation in Libya, and to provide assistance to Pakistani expatriates in the country.
She also said that the Pakistan Embassy in Libya is in touch with all the Pakistanis and their community leaders
“They have been told to restrict their movement, while according to the information available so far all Pakistanis in Libya are safe and the Foreign Ministry is also making a contingency plan for the evacuation when it is so required,” the Daily Times quoted Tehmina, as saying.
Tehmina also said that around 18,000 Pakistanis are working in Libya, and if the situation deteriorates, the government would respond immediately to bring them back. (ANI)
- Pak Govt has no plans yet to bring back Pakistanis stuck in turmoil-hit Libya - Feb 27, 2011
- Pakistan to evacuate citizens from Libya - Feb 28, 2011
- Indians evacuated from Libya praise government - Feb 27, 2011
- Pakistani community in Japan reportedly safe: Foreign Office - Mar 12, 2011
- Pakistan formally recognises Libyan government - Nov 03, 2011
- Pakistani evacuees from Libya complain of Pak embassy's non-cooperation - Mar 01, 2011
- Pakistan's foreign office spokeswoman new envoy to Italy - Jul 11, 2011
- Pakistan recognises Libya - Nov 04, 2011
- Libya evacuation: No charges from Indians, says government - Feb 25, 2011
- No plans to repatriate Pakistanis from Bahrain despite attacks: Pak FO spokesperson - Mar 16, 2011
- India to evacuate its citizens, condemns use of force in Libya - Feb 23, 2011
- Around 200 Pakistanis return from strife-torn Libya - Mar 18, 2011
- Malaysia to evacuate citizens from Syria - Jul 22, 2012
- India sends ship to Libya to evacuate 1,200 Indians - Feb 24, 2011
- Pakistan wants hurdles in US ties removed - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: community leaders, contingency plan, expatriates, foreign ministry, foreign office, janjua, libya, nationals, pakistan embassy, pakistan government, pakistanis, special task force, spokesperson, taking steps