Pak sees foreign involvement in attack on Lahore police training campMarch 30th, 2009 - 8:01 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar.30 (ANI): Pakistan has pointed towards a probable foreign involvement in the attack on the police training camp in Lahore earlier today.
Pakistan Prime Minister’s Advisor on Interior Affairs, Rehman Malik said the attack has been carried out by the jihadi outfits and a foreign hand could not be ruled out.
“Today’s incident is part of terror wave exists in the country which begun from NWFP. This is an attack against country’s sovereignty,” The News quoted Rehman, as saying.
Rehman said that the attack was well planned and organized and it appears that the attackers were during the Afghan jihad.
He confirmed that at least ten militants were still present inside the police training facility.
Meanwhile, the death toll in the attack has risen to 25 and more than 90 police personnel have been injured so far.
Images of a suspected militant being nabbed by the security forces also appeared on government television, but there is no official confirmation about the report.
Curfew has been imposed in Manawan in Lahore with the gunbattle between the militants and commandos of Pakistan Army, Rangers still going on. (ANI)
- Pak Taliban takes responsibility for Lahore terror attacks - Oct 15, 2009
- Pak security forces kill two militants involved in GHQ attack - Feb 20, 2010
- Lahore under terror siege, three more places under attack - Oct 15, 2009
- Pak intelligence agencies warn of terror strike on police training schools - Jan 16, 2010
- Arrested militant reveals 26/11 attackers were trained in Pakistan - Nov 26, 2010
- Taliban's 'Terror Thursday' leaves 26 dead in Lahore - Oct 15, 2009
- Gunbattle on as terrorists take hostages at Pakistan naval facility - May 23, 2011
- Four attackers killed, three nabbed alive as Lahore police training camp siege ends - Mar 30, 2009
- Abu Jindal has no remorse for Mumbai carnage, say investigators - Jul 03, 2012
- Over dozen terrorists in Lahore and Islamabad to carry out attacks: Pak intelligence - Apr 02, 2009
- Jihadi culture on the rise in Pakistan (Part-I) - Dec 24, 2009
- Dozen Canadians training for jihad in Pakistani terror camp - Jan 17, 2011
- Taliban claims responsibility for Lahore terror attacks - Oct 15, 2009
- GHQ attack mastermind apprehended in Bahawalpur - Oct 28, 2009
- Police commando killed, rebel camp busted in Meghalaya - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: afghan jihad, army rangers, attackers, commandos, confirmation, curfew, death toll, government television, gunbattle, interior affairs, manawan, militants, pakistan army, police training, prime minister, rehman malik, security forces, sovereignty, terror, training camp