Pak security forces kill 28 terrorists in Mohmand tribal regionJanuary 29th, 2011 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Jan 29(ANI): 28 terrorists were killed in Pakistan’s Mohmand Agency when Pakistani fighter jets and helicopter gunships bombed militant hideouts in the tribal region bordering Afghanistan.
“Security forces launched an air offensive against terrorist hideouts in different areas of Mohmand and killed 28 terrorists,” the Daily Times quoted a senior local administration official, as saying.
Thirty other terrorists were wounded in the operation, while eight houses belonging to militants were also torched, the official added.
However, the details could not be confirmed independently due to a lack of direct access to the battlefield by journalists.
Separately, security forces killed a terrorist commander in Mohmand near the Pak Afghan border on Friday, officials said.
The security forces clashed with terrorists in Sagi area of Safi tehsil, killing three insurgents, including the commander. The forces later launched a combined operation in the area to nab the fleeing terrorists. (ANI)
- 50 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- 33 insurgents killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- 25 more Taliban killed across FATA as Pak forces continue offensive - Jun 21, 2010
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Two Pak soldiers, 40 militants killed in FATA - Jun 10, 2010
- Helicopter gunship attacks kill six militants in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 06, 2011
- Twenty militants killed in military operation in Pak's Mohmand Agency - Feb 20, 2011
- Terrorists blow up school in Pakistan - Nov 11, 2011
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- At least 20 suspected militants killed in Pak tribal region - Dec 30, 2010
- At least six militants killed in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 05, 2011
- 15 security personnel killed in militant attack on check post in northwest Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- 24 militants killed in Pakistan's northwest - Apr 04, 2010
- 38 militants killed in Pakistan's northwest - Apr 12, 2010
- 20 militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: administration official, afghan border, afghanistan, air offensive, battlefield, direct access, fighter jets, helicopter gunships, insurgents, jan 29, journalists, local administration, pakistan, security forces, tehsil, terrorist hideouts, terrorists