Pak security forces kill 25 militants in FATAFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 12:18 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Feb.22 (ANI): Carrying on their operation to flush out militants from the region, Pakistans security forces claimed to have killed 25 militants in the tribal district of Bajaur, after an intense night-long battle.
Our forces have destroyed some important hideouts of militants and killed some 25 insurgents, including a commander Faizullah, The Nation quoted a security official, as saying.
Security forces targeted suspected hideouts of the Taliban and Al-Qaeda using helicopter gunships and heavy artillery in the fresh assault which was initiated of Friday.
Pakistans security forces had started the operation in the region in August last year to counter the Taliban and Al-Qaedas increasing cross-border attacks on US-led allied forces in Afganistans Kunar province.
Security forces have claimed that several militants have been killed in the operation so far, but they are still unable to gain complete hold over the region.
Meanwhile, militants killed a police official in North Waziristan area after accusing him of spying for US forces operating in Afganistan.
The body of Hameed Khan, 30, who was abducted on February 9, was dumped on the roadside with a note saying that he had been spying for US forces, a police official, Aziz Khan said. (ANI)
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Troops kill 30 militants in Pakistan - Mar 05, 2010
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- Pakistani troops kill 25 militants, NATO supply tanker bombed (Lead) - Feb 21, 2009
- 21 Taliban militants killed in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Mar 24, 2010
- Will act on our own against terror, US warns Pakistan - Sep 30, 2011
- 25 extremists killed in FATA as Pak forces continue to pound militant hideouts - Apr 17, 2010
- Taliban 'captures' dozens of Pak soldiers in FATA - Jun 17, 2010
- US puts 5 Haqqani Network associates on terrorist list - Sep 30, 2011
- Taliban leader among 29 killed in Pakistan - May 03, 2010
- Al-qaeda not on rise in Afghanistan: Gen Patraeus - Apr 10, 2011
- 24 militants killed in aerial strikes in northwest Pakistan - Jul 10, 2009
- At least 20 suspected militants killed in Pak tribal region - Dec 30, 2010
- Troops kill 12 militants in northwest Pakistan - Jun 28, 2010
- Helicopter gunship attacks kill six militants in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: abducted, al qaeda, allied forces, aziz khan, bajaur, fata, hameed khan, heavy artillery, helicopter gunships, hideouts, insurgents, intense night, kunar province, militants, north waziristan, peshawar, police official, security forces, security official, taliban