Pak says its classified information can never been leaked like under US ‘cablegate’December 3rd, 2010 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 3 (ANI): In the wake of US diplomatic cables being made public by whistle-blower website WikiLeaks, Pakistan Foreign Office Spokesman Abdul Basit has said that his country’s classified information had never been leaked.Talking to PTV, Basit said that the leakage of the United States classified documents was a big issue, and that the nations should evolve a foolproof security mechanism for such communications in future.
The spokesman said that every country had a procedural mechanism to ensure the secrecy of its classified documents, adding that Pakistan had an excellent track record in this connection.
At present, the situation due to the WikiLeaks releases was worrying for the whole world but with the passage of time the things would become normal, the spokesman said.
The leaked cables contained references of some meetings and some commentaries by US diplomats, which were communicated to their head-office, he said, adding that the communications made by the diplomats to their headquarters is normally in a coded form, and that their interception would serve no purpose.
Basit said that the diplomats were duty bound to pass on the information about their activities to their headquarters, and that the US was worried about the leakage of its secret information because it would face difficulty in its diplomatic ties.
Replying to a question, he said that neither Pakistan nor the US was in a position to confirm or reject the matters raised by the Wikileaks cables, adding that there was no need to do that. (ANI)
- Pakistan condemns WikliLeaks expose - Nov 29, 2010
- Pak slams release of WikiLeaks cable showing US pressure to scupper illicit nukes - Nov 29, 2010
- At CIA, WikiLeaks task force is - OMG! - 'WTF' - Dec 23, 2010
- Karzai told Brown that Pak "actually a more violent country than Afghanistan": Leaks - Dec 09, 2010
- Diplomatic communications are of 'privileged' nature: Nirupama Rao - Dec 25, 2010
- Fake calls dupe US citizens for WikiLeaks access - Jan 21, 2011
- Indian will react after complete revelations by WikiLeaks: Krishna - Dec 01, 2010
- Security lapse behind US army private's secret cable transfer to WikiLeaks - Jan 31, 2011
- WikiLeaks disclosures involve 3000 cables from Delhi to Washington - Nov 29, 2010
- WikiLeaks Founder Says His Country Is Plotting Against Him - Dec 05, 2010
- WikiLeaks expose no 'sacred scriptures' or 'divine revelations': Pak minister - Dec 05, 2010
- Amazon stops hosting WikiLeaks - Dec 02, 2010
- U.S. Attempted To Remove Uranium From Pakistan For Years, WikiLeaks Reveals - Nov 29, 2010
- International ties may improve due to Wikileaks: Medvedev - Jan 27, 2011
- WTF Aka Wikileaks Task Force Set Up - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: abdul basit, cables, classified information, commentaries, diplomatic ties, diplomats, foolproof security, foreign office, interception, office spokesman, pakistan, passage of time, procedural mechanism, secrecy, secret information, security mechanism, spokesman said that, united states, whistle blower, wikileaks