Pak replays its two old claims after Lahore attackMay 28th, 2009 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, May 28 (ANI): After every brazen terror strike in Pakistan, two claims are almost certain to follow. First, that the intelligence agencies had prior information about the attack, and second, involvement of ‘foreign hand’ namely India.
Wednesday’s suicide attack in Lahore, targeted the ISI building, in which over 30 persons, including a dozen security personnel were killed was no different in this regard.
According to The Daily Times, the Home Department was ‘informed on Monday or Tuesday’ that a terrorist strike could be carried out in the provincial capital.
A top Home Department official said that intelligence agencies had also informed that an explosives-laden vehicle might be used to target a government building or a prominent personality.
Meanwhile, Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah has said that Indian involvement in the suicide attack could not be ruled out.
Sanaullah said the concerned authorities were investigating the matter thoroughly to trace the mastermind. (ANI)
- WikiLeaks' expose not worthwhile to be discussed in Assembly: Punjab Law Minister - Dec 07, 2010
- Punjab Govt. warned in advance regarding terror threat to minorities: Malik - May 29, 2010
- India had no hand in Lahore blast: Krishna - Mar 10, 2010
- Rana trial may expose Pakistan's double game - May 23, 2011
- Pak leaders blame 'foreign hands', RAW for Lahore attack - Mar 09, 2010
- Terrorists planning massive strike across country, warns Pak intelligence - Jul 08, 2010
- Pak intelligence agencies warn of attack on minority religious places - Jul 21, 2010
- Pak intelligence reports hint at terror strikes ahead of Eid - Sep 08, 2010
- Court accepts 26/11 charges against Headley, 8 Pakistanis (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Four killed, 31 hurt in Afghan car bombing (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Pak Punjab minister rules out military operation in province - Jun 11, 2010
- Seven die in Afghan suicide bomb attack - Jun 15, 2011
- CIA "exploited intelligence leads" given by ISI to reach bin Laden: Pak FO - May 04, 2011
- 26/11: NIA files charges against Headley, eight others (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Five 26/11 accused named in US court include ISI officer - May 09, 2011
Tags: authorities, explosives, India, intelligence agencies, isi, law minister, mastermind, pakistan, personality, provincial capital, rana, regard, replays, security personnel, suicide attack, terror, terrorist strike