Pak re-opens NATO supply route in PeshawarApril 25th, 2011 - 1:04 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Apr 25(ANI): A road in Peshawar, which acts as the main supply route for NATO troops in Afghanistan, has been re-opened after the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) lifted a blockade.
The PTI had blocked the road on Sunday in protest against US drone strikes in the country.
“Peshawar Ring Road has been cleared and re-opened for vehicular traffic,” the Daily Times quoted a senior local administration official, as saying.
Earlier, PTI chief Imran Khan had warned protesters would march to Islamabad to force the government to take a stand on the issue if the drone strikes continue.
“The government has failed to stop the US strikes which kill innocent people including women and children,” Imran had said.
The protest was organized a day after at least 25 people, including women and children, were killed in drone attacks in North Waziristan.
Currently nearly 70 percent of the NATO supplies in Afghanistan are transported through Pakistan. (ANI)
- Imran Khan warns of march over drone killings - Jul 15, 2012
- Imran Khan sets 30 days deadline over US drone strikes - Apr 25, 2011
- Imran threatens to obstruct NATO supplies if Pak Govt doesn't stop US drone campaign - Mar 26, 2011
- Pak suspends NATO supplies to Afghanistan due to protests against US drone attacks - Apr 24, 2011
- Imran's party threatens to block NATO supplies - Mar 26, 2011
- Pak public should come out on streets against US drone attacks: Shahbaz Sharif - Apr 27, 2011
- Pakistanis protest against US drone strikes - Apr 24, 2011
- Sit-in against U.S. drone attacks begins in Pakistan - Apr 24, 2011
- Pakistani Islamic groups oppose NATO supply lines' reopening - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan to re-open NATO supply routes: Clinton - Jul 04, 2012
- Pakistan to reopen supply routes to Afghanistan: Clinton (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Imran fears suicide attacks if NATO supply resumes - Apr 14, 2012
- US resumes drone attacks in Pakistan - Jan 12, 2012
- No secret deal with US on NATO route reopening: Khar - Jul 05, 2012
- Will halt US drone strikes: Imran Khan - Feb 11, 2012
Tags: administration official, blockade, drone, local administration, nato, nato troops in afghanistan, north waziristan, pakistan tehreek e insaaf, protest, protesters, pti, strikes, tehreek e insaaf, troops in afghanistan, vehicular traffic