Pak principal accuses UK officials of turning blind eye towards fake studentsApril 26th, 2009 - 4:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.26 (ANI): Principal of the Edwardes College in Peshawar Dr. David Gosling has accused the British High Commission officials in Pakistan of a dereliction of duty.
Gosling blamed the officials of ignoring warnings about the bogus students who obtained student visas for Britain by producing counterfeit documents of the college.
He said that the officials had specific information about the students who were entering Britain on false papers, but they turned a blind-eye towards it to avoid uncovering a massive corruption.
“When officials in Islamabad realise that something has gone wrong they try to cover up for the sake of the people involved. But the system appears to be a mess,” The Guardian quoted UK born Gosling, as saying.
“I am concerned about these few fraudulent cases because I want to see the good students going to Britain and the bad ones held back,” he added.
It may be noted that ten out of the twelve men arrested, earlier this month, in the country wide raids in Britain on suspicion of plotting bomb attacks belonged to Pakistan and had entered the country on student visas.
All the accused, however, were later released without any charge. They are now awaiting their deportation back to Pakistan. (ANI)
- 59 percent of Indian students to Britain fake: Report - Jul 25, 2012
- A factory for fake visas in Bangladesh - Sep 23, 2011
- British police fear many Pak extremists posing as students may have entered the UK - Nov 28, 2009
- Britain makes it tough for Pakistani students - Apr 13, 2012
- UK Ministers hunt for 4,000 'bogus' foreign students - Aug 07, 2009
- 350,000 foreigners enter Britain on 'student' visas - Aug 02, 2010
- Illegal immigrants get into UK through 'bogus college' route - Jul 21, 2009
- Jailed Pakistan cricketers face deportation from Britain - Nov 12, 2011
- UK to crack down on suspect migrant student visa rise - Aug 02, 2010
- India, UK must work together to control illegal immigrants, says Keith Vaz - Jul 29, 2009
- ISI halts talks with CIA at all levels over being treated as "their lackeys" - Feb 24, 2011
- 42 Pakistanis deported from Turkey - Dec 16, 2011
- China cracks down on bogus cigarette dens, 78 held - Nov 14, 2011
- One in 10 foreign students in Britain sponsored by bogus college - Feb 27, 2010
- Russia does a U-turn on British scribe's deportation - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: blind eye, bomb attacks, british high commission, commission officials, counterfeit documents, david gosling, deportation, dereliction of duty, dr david, guardian, london, massive corruption, pakistan, peshawar, sake, student visas, suspicion, twelve men, uk officials