Pak parties threaten civil unrest to push for judges return, Musharrafs removalJune 20th, 2008 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad , June 20 (ANI): If the PPP-led coalition government did not accept the publics demands for the reinstatement of the sacked judges and the impeachment of President Pervez Musharraf, a group of political parties in Pakistan would launch a civil disobedience movement in the country, it declared last evening.
The All Parties Democratic Movement (APDM) announced this last evening at the conclusion of a two-day national conference in Islamabad .
However, it failed to announce any definite timeframe for launching the movement.
We will go to any extent … if needed we will besiege the Provisional Constitution Order judges or launch civil disobedience movement in the country, the Daily Times quoted APDM Convener Mehmood Khan Achakzai as telling reporters at the conclusion of the conference.
On the occasion, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan said that the APDM leaders had discussed the matter in detail and would meet again in the first week of July to finalise a date for the movement after consultations with the lawyers community. There is a split within the lawyers after the long march. We dont want to commit the same mistake that they did, he said and added that the APDM rally would be a much larger gathering than the legal fraternitys long march. (ANI)
- Hindu doctors' murder a sad day for Pakistan: Imran Khan - Nov 11, 2011
- Can't dismiss Imran Khan as also-ran: Daily - Oct 31, 2011
- Politics ain't cricket: Pakistani leader on Imran rally - Oct 31, 2011
- Several Sikhs join Imran Khan's party - Dec 13, 2011
- Pakistan's ex-foreign minister joins Imran's party - Nov 28, 2011
- Will halt US drone strikes: Imran Khan - Feb 11, 2012
- Imran Khan declares legal war against US drone attacks in Pakistan - Apr 20, 2011
- Imran Khan sets 30 days deadline over US drone strikes - Apr 25, 2011
- Pakistan attorney general turns abusive in Supreme Court - Jun 15, 2012
- Pakistan must not leave Siachen unilaterally: Imran Khan - Apr 23, 2012
- Ten injured in grenade attack at Imran's rally - Feb 10, 2012
- No chance of early elections in Pakistan: Gilani - Dec 31, 2011
- Dr Aafia's sentence to intensify hatred against US among Muslim world, warns Imran Khan - Sep 25, 2010
- Pakistani apex court suspends 28 lawmakers, two ministers - Feb 06, 2012
- ISI calls the shots in Pakistan: Imran Khan - Nov 14, 2011
Tags: achakzai, civil disobedience movement, civil unrest, coalition government, consultations, democratic movement, impeachment, imran khan, mehmood khan, pakistan tehreek e insaf, pervez musharraf, political parties in pakistan, ppp, president pervez musharraf, provisional constitution, pti, rally, reinstatement, tehreek e insaf, timeframe