Pak national with 98 packs of heroine in stomach nabbed in BangkokDecember 9th, 2009 - 5:38 pm ICT by ANI
Bangkok, Dec. 9 (ANI): A Pakistani national has reportedly been arrested by customs officials at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport here with 98 packs of heroine which was concealed inside his stomach.
According to reports, Chaudhry Ijaz Rasul was apprehended by Thai customs officials when he tried to clear the routine check at the airport.
“He had swallowed 98 small packages of heroin which were wrapped in aluminium foil,” a foreign news agency quoted a senior customs official, as saying.
The official said after being arrested on suspicion, Rasul, 34 was asked to go to the toilet to expel the packets hidden in his stomach, which weighed 1.3 kilograms.
“He confessed that he was asked to smuggle the drugs and that a man would come to pick them up from a hotel in Bangkok,” the official said.
Rasul has been charged with illegal possession and trafficking of the banned substance, which costs approximately 3.9 million baht (117,750 dollars), which carries a probable death sentence in Thailand. (ANI)
- Dubai Customs foils bid to smuggle heroin - Aug 09, 2012
- Thailand seizes 451 turtles smuggled into plane luggage - Jun 02, 2011
- Thai smuggler caught in Indonesia after swallowing 1,200 ecstasy pills - Dec 21, 2010
- Thailand approves $648.5 million post-flood budget - Dec 08, 2011
- 125 kg heroin seized in Karachi - May 11, 2012
- Drug smuggling bid foiled in Dubai - Jan 14, 2012
- Thailand To Jail Overstayers - Sep 24, 2010
- Bangkok's insect food: protein-rich cricket cookies, bamboo-worm pizzas (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
- Bangkok bombing's Iranian suspect held in Malaysia (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Third Iranian suspect in Bangkok bombing held in Malaysia (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Asian passenger held for drug trafficking in Dubai - May 05, 2011
- Pakistani executed in Saudi Arabia - Sep 05, 2012
- Bid to smuggle 17 kg crystal meth foiled in Dubai - Dec 21, 2011
- Five-day holiday as Bangkok residents flee floods - Oct 27, 2011
- Man held with drugs at Dubai airport - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: aluminium foil, customs officials, death sentence in thailand, drugs, foreign news, heroin, heroine, hotel in bangkok, illegal possession, kilograms, news agency, rasul, routine check, stomach, suspicion, suvarnabhumi international airport, thai customs, toilet, trafficking