Pak National Games participants accommodated in rail bogies in PeshawarDecember 25th, 2010 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Dec 25 (ANI): In a case of high-class mismanagement, the Pakistan Railways squad that arrived in Peshawar to participate in the 31st National Games were made to stay in train bogies there.
According to Railways sources, many as 60 players and officials had stopped in Islamabad, while the remaining arrived in Peshawar on Thursday night, Geo News reported.
The players who reached Peshawar were accommodated in compartments of trains parked at the Saddar Railway Station on Friday.
Besides this, to one’s highest astonishment, players were seen having a weight-lifting practice session on the railway platforms.
The Railways squad, comprising 220 players and officials from across the country, is the biggest among the rest to have reached Peshawar to take part in the National Games. (ANI)
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Train bombing attempt foiled in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2012
- Blast derails India-bound train in Pakistan - Dec 04, 2010
- Five killed as train catches fire in Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Minor collision between two Mumbai trains, no casualties - Jun 17, 2012
- Ill-fated Tamil Nadu Express reaches Chennai (Fourth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 15 killed as Hampi Express hits stationary train in Andhra (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- 35 killed as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Railways to probe if TN express fire was accident or sabotage - Jul 30, 2012
- India-bound Thar Express escapes blast near Karachi, two compartments derailed - Dec 04, 2010
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 35 burnt alive as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Harried Shatabdi passengers reach seven hours late - Oct 28, 2011
- Shock, horror for bloodied train accident survivors - Jul 19, 2010
- 14 RPF officials booked for corruption - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,