Pak NA motion calls to debate state institutions’ role in Davis’ acquittalMarch 19th, 2011 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar 19(ANI): The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has submitted an adjournment motion in the National Assembly calling for a debate on the role of the army, the intelligence agencies, the judiciary, the parliament and the political parties in double murder-accused CIA contractor Raymond Davis’ acquittal.
PML-N MNAs Birjees Tahir and Tahira Aurangzeb submitted the motion, the Dawn reports.
The motion stated that sinceDavis’ releasehas led to questions among the public regarding the role of the various state institutions, these questions should be answered and the public should be taken into confidence.
A Lahore court had acquitted Davis in the double murder case on Wednesday, and ordered his immediate release after the legal heirs of the two victims accepted blood money and pardoned the killer.
Davis was flown out of Pakistan on the same day. (ANI)
- Blame game erupts between PML-N, PML-Q over Raymond Davis' acquittal - Mar 17, 2011
- Pakistan opposition demands probe into Raymond Davis' release - Apr 12, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- US expects to get 'blood money' bill over Davis' acquittal: Official - Mar 19, 2011
- Inappropriate to hold one institution responsible for Davis' acquittal: Gilani - Mar 19, 2011
- Pak Home Ministry given a week's time to reply in Davis shootout victims' heirs case - Apr 12, 2011
- Raymond Davis himself paid blood money: Pak Attorney General - Mar 19, 2011
- Lahore HC gives both Pak, Punjab govts 10 days to recover heirs of Davis' victims - Apr 01, 2011
- Brother of Raymond Davis' victim denies striking 'blood money' deal under pressure - Apr 02, 2011
- PML-N accuses Pak Govt of playing 'double role' in murder-accused US diplomat's case - Feb 02, 2011
- PML-N firm that Davis case 'must be dealt in accordance with law of the land' - Feb 17, 2011
- Pak Attorney General asked to submit reply on Davis' release, departure - Apr 15, 2011
- Davis's release a national tragedy: PML-N - Mar 18, 2011
- Raymond Davis' release in accordance with Shariah laws: Pak Punjab Governor - Mar 21, 2011
- Davis pardoned, released in accordance with Pakistani law: White House - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: acquittal, adjournment motion, aurangzeb, blood money, cia contractor, double murder case, immediate release, intelligence agencies, judiciary, legal heirs, mnas, national assembly, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pml n, political parties, raymond davis, state institutions, tahir, tahira