Pak must be made ‘Islamic welfare democratic State’ as envisaged by Jinnah: NizamiFebruary 11th, 2011 - 6:43 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb 11(ANI): The two-nation theory is the basis of Pakistan’s creation and efforts will be made to make the country an Islamic welfare democratic state, The Nation Editor-in-Chief and Nazaria-i-Pakistan Trust Chairman Majid Nizami has said.
Nizami took this pledge during his presidential address to the 3rd annual Nazaria-i-Pakistan Conference, The Nation reports.
He negated those who said that Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah wanted to make Pakistan a secular State, by referring to Jinnah’s speech delivered on August 11, 1947.
“Those people are actually misleading the people by presenting the speech by missing contents and forgetting dozens of great leader’s references in which the Quaid had dreamt for an independent Islamic democratic State,” Nizami said.
“Independent Pakistan is the outcome of Two-Nation theory and the entire opulence seen in the society is the result of freedom,” he added.
Nizami also warned the Pakistan government that the release of double murder-accused US diplomat Raymond Davis would further deteriorate the law and order situation across the country.
“The US killer has murdered our three sons and now President [Asif Ali] Zardari is inviting a roundtable conference for securing American’s departure to the US,” he said.
Any move in this regard would further worsen peace in the country and Pakistan would not be a place to live in, he added. (ANI)
- "Hindus have never accepted Pakistan since its creation": Majid Nizami - Feb 11, 2011
- Pak nuclear missiles are horses as compared to 'donkey-like' Indian rockets: Nizami - Apr 22, 2011
- Jihad against India only solution to Kashmir issue: Nazria Pakistan Trust - Mar 23, 2011
- Jinnah's vision made Pakistan nuclear power: AQ Khan - Dec 26, 2010
- Pakistan observes 63rd death anniversary of Mohammad Ali Jinnah - Sep 12, 2011
- Pakistan can be developed by defeating extremism, says Musharraf - Dec 26, 2010
- Zardari omits critical US drone attack issue from presidential address - Mar 23, 2011
- Jaswant Singh committed ideological heresy (Comment) - Aug 19, 2009
- Dhaka Jamaat chief spits venom at India, says two-nation theory right - Dec 17, 2008
- Jinnah's 62nd death anniversary observed in Pakistan - Sep 11, 2010
- Pakistan's future lies in democracy: Gilani - Aug 14, 2011
- Nizami urges Pak teachers to promote two-nation theory among kids - Aug 24, 2009
- Pakistan observes Jinnah's birth anniversary Saturday - Dec 25, 2010
- Zardari's dual office case verdict will have far-reaching effects: LHC - Nov 25, 2010
- Pak Govt. to file reference to revisit Z.A. Bhutto murder case - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: asif ali zardari, august 11, democratic state, diplomat, double murder, law and order, majid, muhammad ali, muhammad ali jinnah, nation theory, nazaria, nizami, opulence, pakistan government, peace in the country, presidential address, quaid e azam, raymond davis, roundtable conference, secular state