Pak MNA accuses his own party of massive corruption over flood aidOctober 6th, 2010 - 6:52 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Oct 6 (ANI): A Pakistani Member of National Assembly (MNA) from Mardan representing the Awami National Party (ANP), has reportedly slammed his party-led Government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for massive corruption, and urged a top United Nations official to make sure that the entire humanitarian aid distribution for flood affected people in the region is carried out by the UN without any involvement of the provincial government.
The meeting was reportedly held recently and the UN official is believed to have assured the MNA that the issue would be taken up with the KP Government.
The MNA, Nawabzada Hoti alleged that the KP Government had received billions of rupees as humanitarian aid but it had gobbled up a major part of the funds.
“My heart bleeds when I see that people of my area are deprived of any humanitarian aid, you have no idea what the situation is exactly there,” The Nation quoted Hoti, as saying.
He further said that the village accountants or ‘patwaris’ were playing a major role in preparing fake lists of the recipients of Watan Cards, which are being distributed only in the electoral constituencies of the ANP leaders. (ANI)
- Peshawar airport renamed after Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan - Jan 28, 2012
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governor to hold talks with Pak Taliban for VC's release - Dec 12, 2010
- Five dead, 24 injured in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Terrorism hampering economic growth in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: Chief Minister - Dec 07, 2010
- ANP leader, son killed in Pakistan - Nov 07, 2011
- Pakistani politician killed in blast - Sep 13, 2011
- Pakistani leader shot dead - May 28, 2011
- Five killed, 15 injured in Pakistan blast - Feb 27, 2012
- UN estimates another $840 mn needed for Pakistan - Apr 26, 2012
- KP minister calls Pak parties Jamaat-e-Islami, JUI-F 'political wings of terrorists' - Nov 12, 2010
- UN chief condemns suicide bombing in Pakistan - Feb 11, 2011
- Terrorists hiring jobless at Rs.40,000 a month: Pakistani lawmaker - Jul 01, 2011
- 'Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan plans to target prominent politicians on Eid' - Sep 06, 2010
- Pakistan bags 30 million euros in EU humanitarian aid - Aug 01, 2010
- Lashkar accuses Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa legislators of supporting Taliban - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: accountants, anp, awami national party, billions, cards, constituencies, flood aid, heart bleeds, humanitarian aid, mardan, massive corruption, mna, national assembly, provincial government, rupees, united nations, united nations official