Pak military court charges two army officers for assisting banned terror outfitJanuary 21st, 2010 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan.21 (ANI): Two Pakistan Army officers along with two other civilians have been charged for assisting the banned terror outfit Hizb-ut-Tahrir by a military court in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).
According to the BBC, the military court, during a court martial, indicted two army officers among the four, accusing them of providing sensitive information about military installations to the terror outfit.
The two civilians were reportedly planning sabotage at a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) airbase in Balochistan.
The accused, however, have pleaded not guilty and challenged the jurisdiction of the military court concerned.
When enquired about the issue, DG ISPR Major General Athar Abbas said he had no knowledge about any such judgment passed by the military court.
It may be noted that military intelligence agencies had nabbed Colonel Shahid Bashir, former PAF pilot Nadim Ahmad Shah and engineer Owais Ali Khan in a raid in May in Rawalpindi last year.
Initially, the officers were charged for obtaining secret information about a PAF airbase in Balochistan and inciting other military officers to commit acts of sabotage, The Daily Times reports. (ANI)
- Four Pakistani majors questioned for Islamist links (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Four serving Pakistani majors being questioned - Jun 23, 2011
- Eight die in terror attack on Pakistani airbase (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Tajikistan to release BBC reporter - Jul 14, 2011
- `Brigadier arrested: Soul-searching time for Pakistan Army' - Jun 23, 2011
- 3,169 people killed in 2,488 terror incidents in Pakistan in last two years - Apr 09, 2011
- Pak denies India's allegations over PoK terrorist training camps - Jul 01, 2010
- Muslim pilot fired over fears he might copy 9/11 - Jan 29, 2012
- Pakistan appreciated after Indian chopper returns safely - Oct 23, 2011
- Paharis moot meeting community in PoK for ST status drive - Sep 09, 2012
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- India monitoring border developments for national security: Krishna - Apr 06, 2011
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan takes control of Shamsi airbase as US leaves - Dec 11, 2011
- Pakistani army to court-martial brigadier - Feb 12, 2012
Tags: ahmad shah, airbase, ali khan, army officers, athar, balochistan, court charges, dg ispr, military court, military installations, military intelligence agencies, military officers, owais, paf, pakistan air force, pakistan army, pok, secret information, shahid bashir, tahrir