Pak military continues to pound Taliban hideouts, 15 militants killed in BajaurJune 20th, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 20 (ANI): The Pakistan Army has reportedly killed 15 more Taliban insurgents, and injured seven others in its operation in the Charmang area of Bajaur Agency.
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), intensifying its operation in the region, the security forces killed four more militants in Buner District.
Meanwhile, security forces continued their operation against the local Taliban and targeted their hideouts in Hashim, Babara, Kohi, Asghar and Kotki areas of Charmang region of Bajaur with heavy and sophisticated weapons, including gunship helicopters and artillery.
In an another incident, 11 Taliban combatants were killed in Doog Darra area of Upper Dir by armed villagers (Lashkar), assisted by artillery shelling by the troops.
According sources, the Chitral police has arrested 10 militants including an Afghan national, when they were trying to flee the region, due to heavy shelling by the security forces.
Villagers, who are now part of the Lashkar targeting the militants, have been giving a tough fight to the extremists, and have vowed to throw the Taliban out of the region.
“They cannot fight us and have been hiding in caves. They have given up resistance and did not fire for the last five days,” said the Lashkar chief, Mutabar Khan.
Khan said more fighters were being sent to the area along Chitral to stop the militants from escaping the region.
“They cannot bring in or take out even one kilogram of flour from other three sides, but we need to send more people of the Lashkar to the border along Chitral to check the fleeing militants,” The News quoted Khan, as saying. (ANI)
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Pakistan deploys troops along Afghan border - Sep 13, 2011
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Taliban militants destroy another girls' school in FATA - Jul 12, 2010
- 14 Taliban killed in Bajaur Agency - Oct 15, 2008
- 11 more militants killed in Swat, 28 arrested - Jul 27, 2009
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- 23 Taliban militants killed by Pak security forces in Orakzai - Apr 12, 2010
- 40 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 13, 2010
- Anti-Taliban militia in northwest Pak ends cooperation with government - Mar 11, 2011
- 21 more Taliban fighters killed in Swat, Lower Dir: ISPR - Jul 25, 2009
- Taliban lose their `Hilton' after border battle - Mar 04, 2010
- Taliban leader among 29 killed in Pakistan - May 03, 2010
- Pakistan civil militias quit fight against Taliban - May 24, 2012
Tags: artillery, asghar, babara, caves, chitral, combatants, extremists, flour, gunship, hashim, helicopters, hideouts, inter services, islamabad, kilogram, militants, pakistan army, security forces, sophisticated weapons, taliban