Pak launches avionics production line for JF-17 Thunder combat aircraftMay 29th, 2010 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, May 29 (ANI): Pakistan has started the production of avionics and other important gadgets for the JF-17 Thunder fighter jets.
The equipments for the combat jets would be produced at the Kamra based Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC).
Speaking on the occasion of the launch of the production line for the latest avionics, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman described the project as a step forward in making the PAF ’self-reliant.’
“A strong air force is essential for the country’s survival, therefore, it is important that Pakistan Air Force (PAF) gets self-reliant. Today’s ceremony is an important step in this direction,” The Daily Times quoted Suleman, as saying.
He also expressed satisfaction on the progress made in achieving the ‘national objective of self-reliance in the defence industries.’
Speaking during the occasion PAC Chairman Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan said that besides the Chinese avionics, four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems were also being produced at the Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory.
He also presented an evaluation of the JF-17 avionics programme on the occasion.
Originally known as Super-7, the FC-1 Xiaolong or the JF-17 Thunder was developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation under a joint venture between China and Pakistan.
The PAF is likely to acquire 150 JF-17s, while China is expected to buy 250 for the People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) depending on the outcome of the evaluation.
Pakistan will initially produce 50 percent of the aircraft locally. The PAC had formally started the production of the JF-17 at the Kamra factory in April 2005.
- Pakistan commits to Chinese surface-to-air missile systems - Nov 18, 2010
- Pak to send JF-17 combat jets for Farnborough Air Show in Britain - Jul 17, 2010
- Pakistan displays fighter aircraft at Dubai air show - Nov 14, 2011
- Pak to roll out first indigenous JF-17 from month end: PAF chief - Nov 08, 2009
- Pakistan to get 50 fighter jets from China - May 19, 2011
- Indigenously manufactured Chinese JF-17 Thunder fighter plane joins Pak Air Force - Feb 19, 2010
- Pak's arms purchases from China go into overdrive - Nov 18, 2010
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan Air Force inducts first JF-17 combat jet squadron - Feb 18, 2010
- Militants attack Pakistan air base - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan rolls out fighter jet produced with Chinese assistance - Nov 23, 2009
- Pakistan to start mass production of modern fighter jets - Jun 27, 2009
- Pakistan Air Force gets new chief - Mar 19, 2012
- Pilot dies as Pakistani Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- PAF inducts three F-16s received from US in its fleet - Jun 27, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,