Pak judge hearing 26/11, Benazir murder case complains against his security withdrawalMarch 27th, 2011 - 11:16 am ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, Mar 27(ANI): An Anti-Terrorist Court (ATC) judge in Pakistan, who has been hearing two high profile cases- the Benazir Bhutto assassination case and the 2008 Mumbai terror attack case- has complained against the withdrawal of his security.
ATC special Judge Rana Nisar Ahmed complained in a letter written to the Punjab Home Department that his security was removed with giving any reasons, the Dawn reports.
Nisar said in the letter that he had to go to the Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi for hearing the Benazir Bhutto murder case and the Mumbai attack case without any security.
The local police would be held responsible if anything happens to him, he added.
Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir was targeted in a gun and bomb attack as she was leaving Liaqat Bagh in Rawalpindi after addressing a public rally on December 27, 2007.
In the tragic Mumbai terror strike, ten gunmen from Pakistan had arrived in Mumbai via sea route on November 26, 2008 and started firing indiscriminately at a busy railway station, a Jewish settlement, a popular café and two luxury hotels.
Several innocents were held hostage over the next three days and at least 166 people were killed before Indian commandos smoked out the terrorists on November 28, 2008. (ANI)
- Pak FIA told to produce Musharraf in court on March 26 - Mar 19, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Musharraf reissued in Benazir case - Jun 11, 2011
- Pak court directs FIA to implement Musharraf's arrest warrant in BB murder case - Apr 09, 2011
- Accused former Rawalpindi cop's u-turn on Benazir Bhutto's security claims - Dec 23, 2010
- Pak probe agency gets 15 days to produce Musharraf in court in BB murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- Musharraf's arrest warrant issued for 'third time' in Benazir murder case - Mar 05, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- 'Zardari stopped Pak authorities from conducting autopsy on Benazir's body' - Dec 23, 2010
- Pak ATC grants bail to two police officers in Benazir assassination case - Dec 08, 2010
- Pak ATC orders arrest of two police officers in Benazir assassination case - Dec 05, 2010
- FIA asks Pak court to declare Musharraf 'absconder' in Benazir murder case - Apr 24, 2011
- Former Rawalpindi police officers released on bail in Benazir assassination case - Apr 08, 2011
- Benazir assassination case: Pak to seek Interpol help in netting Musharraf - Mar 27, 2011
- Pak court adjourns 26/11 Mumbai attacks case hearing until April 23 - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: ahmed, bagh, benazir bhutto, bomb attack, caf, commandos, gunmen, hostage, innocents, jewish settlement, luxury hotels, mumbai, murder case, prime minister, profile cases, public rally, railway station, sea route, special judge, terror attack