Pak-Iran gas agreement within weeks: Dr AsimMay 19th, 2009 - 4:46 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, May 19 (ANI): Advisor to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Petroleum Dr Asim Hussain has said that Islamabad and Tehran will sign the agreement for the supply of gas under Iran Pakistan Gas Pipeline by the end of this month or next month.
He said that Iran has nearly built the site for the supply of gas to at Pak-Iran border. Currently we are working on the details of the project. For example, in which country we will go for the arbitration in case of dispute, he added.
Dr Asim said that the efforts to get natural gas under Turkmenistan Afghanistan Pakistan gas pipeline were also in progress.
At the same time, the government was exploring possibilities for utilizing Thar coal reserves for gasification and power generation, The News quoted him, as saying.
Responding to the demand from speakers at the exhibition about the power shortage, he said that government was exploring every possible way to increase power generation.
However, he urged the masses to remain patient because it will take some time to enhance power generation in the country. The gap between the demand and supply of power will be overcome in next two to three years, he noted. (ANI)
- 11,000 km of LNG pipelines laid so far - Aug 21, 2012
- Electricity from India will ease power crisis: Pakistani PM - Feb 01, 2012
- Iran to ask India for spurring tri-nation pipeline - Aug 27, 2012
- Gas from TAPI likely to flow in five years: Official - Aug 18, 2012
- India, Pakistan say strategy soon for gas import from Turkmenistan - Jan 25, 2012
- Pak-Iran gas pipeline deal to be signed on March 8 - Feb 15, 2010
- India, Pakistan to settle transit fee on Turkmenian gas (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Pak-Iran to sign gas pipeline deal next week - Jan 21, 2010
- Coal Minister invites foreign investment - Aug 03, 2012
- Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline to be ready by 2012 - Jul 21, 2011
- India signs gas supply pact with Turkmenistan - May 23, 2012
- India's power situation grim, efforts on to ease crunch - Oct 14, 2011
- Deora to sign gas pipeline pacts in Turkmenistan - Dec 09, 2010
- Turkmenistan gas pipeline transit fee finalised: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- India to get gas from Turkmenistan - May 17, 2012
Tags: afghanistan pakistan, arbitration, asim, coal reserves, demand and supply, gap, gas pipeline, gasification, gilani, hussain, iran pakistan, islamabad, karachi, natural gas, petroleum, power generation, power shortage, prime minister, tehran, will take some time