Pak-Iran formally sign gas pipeline projectJune 6th, 2009 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
Ankara (Turkey), June 6 (ANI): Pakistan and Iran have formally signed an agreement to activate a bilateral gas pipeline project.
The Iranian National Oil Company (INOC) and the Pakistan Interstate Gas Company (PIGC) signed the agreement late on Friday, Geo News reported.
PIGC MD Hassan Nawab was quoted as saying that the agreement would be governed through a third country law that is why it was signed in Turkey.
The pipeline project would be completed by 2013, he added.
Pakistan will receive 750 cubic million gas on a daily basis, which will generate 4000 megawatts of electricity.
“The gas pipeline will begin from Gawadar near Iranian border having 800 kilometer length. The determination of gas price will be linked with contemporary oil prices at international market but will be less than 25 per cent as compared to crude oil prices,” Nawab said.
The estimated cost of the project is 1.2 billion dollars. (ANI)
- Gas from TAPI likely to flow in five years: Official - Aug 18, 2012
- Now Russian gas to Europe to pass through Turkey - Dec 29, 2011
- India to get gas from Turkmenistan - May 17, 2012
- India has pricing, security concerns over Iran pipeline: Krishna - Mar 18, 2010
- India signs gas supply pact with Turkmenistan - May 23, 2012
- Turkish pipeline explosion halts gas exports from Iran - Aug 12, 2011
- Turkmenistan gas pipeline transit fee finalised: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- India out of 'peace pipeline' as Iran-Pakistan seal gas deal (Lead) - Jun 14, 2010
- Iran to ask India for spurring tri-nation pipeline - Aug 27, 2012
- Four-nation gas deal signed in Turkmenistan - Dec 12, 2010
- India signs four-nation Turkmenistan gas pipeline deal (Lead) - Dec 12, 2010
- India, Pakistan to sign four-nation gas deal - Dec 09, 2010
- Pak-Iran gas pipeline project intact despite US sanctions, says envoy - Aug 16, 2010
- Iran finds major helium reserve - Oct 01, 2011
- India signs deal for Turkmen gas through Afghanistan, Pakistan - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: ankara turkey, billion dollars, crude oil prices, daily basis, electricity, gas pipeline project, gas price, geo news, hassan, inoc, interstate gas company, iran, iranian border, kilometer length, megawatts, national oil company, nawab, pakistan, pigc