Pak Hindu community opposed construction of dam near Hinglaj Mata templeMay 11th, 2009 - 4:17 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, May 11 (ANI): Pakistan-based Hindu community has expressed its reservations over construction of a dam near historic Hinglaj Mata temple in Lasbela disrict of Balochistan.
Chairman WAPDA Shakeel Durrani assured the community members that Hingol dam would be constructed only after removing all their reservations.
A high powered delegation comprising Chairman WAPDA, Speaker Balochistan Assembly Aslam Bhootani, Chief Secretary Nasir Mehmood Khosa and representatives of Hindu community in Sindh and Balochistan visited the site of the proposed Hingol dam on Sunday.
The representatives of the Hindu community had expressed their reservations that the Hingol dam planned to be built along the costal highway would submerge their historic Hinglaj Mata temple and worshippers would have no way of accessing it.
The Balochistan Assembly had also adopted a resolution unanimously in this regard demanding that the plan of construction of Hingol dam should be abandoned.
However, Chairman WAPDA decided to visit the site of the dam along with representatives of the Hindu community to brief them about the ways and means to save the historic temple in the area, The Dawn reported.
WAPDA engineers and experts informed the members of the delegation through maps that they were making all possible efforts to built Hingol dam adopting measures to save the temple.
“Hingol dam would be not being constructed until apprehension and reservations of Hindu community about Hingal Mata are removed,” said Durrani. He added that he was also aware about the importance of the Hinglaj Mata temple.
Durrani informed that with the construction of Hingol dam around 90,000 acres of land would be irrigated in Lasbela district and the dam would also generate electricity that would be enough to meet the power requirements of the area.
The dam would be have the capacity of storing around 210,0000 acres feet water. (ANI)
- Pakistani Hindus protest kidnapping of young girls - Apr 09, 2012
- `Hindus in Pakistan angry, helpless' - Apr 10, 2012
- Disquiet among Pakistani Hindus over kidnapped leader - Feb 25, 2011
- 'Pak govt selling thousands of acres of land in Balochistan to Arabs for hunting' - Nov 13, 2010
- Pakistan no to seeking NOC on dam from India - Aug 14, 2012
- Pakistan puts dams on hold after cost increases - Oct 07, 2010
- Baloch Assembly protests against dam project endangering a Hindu temple - Jun 30, 2008
- Grand Silver Jubilee celebrations planned for Balaji Temple of Greater Chicago - May 02, 2011
- 105 years after quake, Himachal temple rebuilt - Jan 06, 2012
- Magnificent Hindu Temple to open in Texas in June - Apr 24, 2011
- Himachal temples to melt holy gold - Apr 12, 2011
- After six years, Indians visit ancient temple in Pakistan - Feb 20, 2012
- Gilani condemns murder of three Hindu doctors - Nov 09, 2011
- Himachal to turn temple gold into mementoes - Jul 08, 2012
- Ram temple, Hindu terror, Brahmaputra dam top VHP meet agenda(Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: apprehension, aslam, chief secretary, community members, dawn, delegation, durrani, electricity, hindu community, hinglaj, khosa, maps, mehmood, nasir, quetta, regard, sindh, wapda, ways and means, worshippers