Pak govt. revamps its legal team following NRO case ‘mishandling’December 24th, 2009 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec.24 (ANI): Miffed over the performance of the legal team in the Supreme Court during the hearing of the case regarding the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO), the Pakistan government has dismantled its present legal team.
According to sources, both Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and President Asif Ali Zardari were unhappy by the way the government’s bouquet of lawyers handled the case in the apex court.
Sources said the legal team was changed on the advice of Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Dr Babar Awan and noted legal expert Aitzaz Ahsan.
Gilani has removed Minister of State for Law and Justice Afzal Sindhu from the post and has appointed Mehreen Anwar Raja as Minister of State for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, The News reports.
Justice (retired) Muhammad Aqil Mirza has been appointed as the new Secretary Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs. (ANI)
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- Contempt of court: Gilani set to appear before apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Pak govt, Zardari bracing themselves for legal battle against NRO judgment - Jan 21, 2010
- Awan to appear before SC to explain government's stance on Swiss case against Zardari - May 15, 2010
- Supreme Court warns Gilani of another contempt notice - Mar 29, 2012
- Gilani contempt: Court summons top official - Feb 28, 2012
- `Gilani has accepted majesty of law' - Jan 19, 2012
- Name new law minister, Pakistan court to government - Apr 15, 2011
- Contempt of court: Supreme Court adjourns till Feb 1 - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani verdict to be appealed: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- Pakistan minister offers to quit for Zulfiqar retrial - Apr 13, 2011
- No contempt proceedings if president has immunity: Pakistani court - Feb 01, 2012
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Zardari has immunity: Pakistani PM's lawyer - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, aqil, asif ali zardari, awan, babar, court sources, dec 24, gilani, law and justice, law justice, legal expert, minister of state, national reconciliation, pak govt, pakistan government, parliamentary affairs, raja, raza, sindhu