Pak Govt asks Sindh govt to explain scared Hindus migration to other placesAugust 29th, 2008 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi , Aug 29 (ANI): Taking a note of a large number of Hindus migrating to other places in the Sindh province due to an increase in the number of kidnappings for ransom, robberies and other threats, the Pakistan Government has reportedly asked the Sindh provincial government to submit a report on the displacement of Hindus and other minorities.
The federal Interior Ministry has also directed the Sindh government to take action against the worsening law and order situation, the reason for the migration of the minorities, particularly from Kashmore and Jacobabad, reported the Daily Times.
The paper cited a report from the intelligence agencies and other sources which said that 364 Hindus have migrated from the said districts and asked the authorities concerned to prepare the report and mention the causes for the en masse migrations of Hindu families and to control the law and order situation and protect Hindus and other minorities in all districts of Sindh.
The massive numbers of kidnapping of Hindu families for ransom was the major cause of migration and that the law enforcement agencies had failed to maintain law and order in Sindh, added the paper. (ANI)
- Harassed Hindus flee Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Harassed Hindus flee Pakistan - Aug 10, 2012
- Insecurity increasing among Hindus, says Pakistani daily - Aug 11, 2012
- Can't be denied Hindus faced persecution: Pakistani daily - Aug 16, 2012
- Growing insecurity among Hindus in Pakistan, says daily - Aug 11, 2012
- Pakistani Hindus in duress, says daily - Mar 13, 2012
- Pakistani Hindus enter India, say will return (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Abductions of Hindu children on the rise in Sindh - Oct 17, 2010
- `Hindus in Pakistan angry, helpless' - Apr 10, 2012
- Tight-lipped Pakistani Hindus enter India, say will return (Fourth Lead, correcting figure) - Aug 10, 2012
- Tight-lipped Pakistani Hindus enter India, say will return (Third Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 10, 2012
- Hindu legislator resigns in Pakistan - Jan 29, 2011
- Pakistan rights groups to rally against Hindu killings - Nov 10, 2011
- Minorities feeling insecure in Pakistan, says minister - Feb 08, 2011
- Hindu legislator quits in Pakistan, shifts to India (Lead) - Jan 29, 2011