Pak denies rocket fire near Wagah borderSeptember 12th, 2009 - 12:10 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Sep.12 (ANI): Pakistan has rejected India’s allegations of breaking the ceasefire between the two countries by denying reports of rockets being fired from its side towards India at the Wagah border.
The allegations from India and Pakistan’s denial came during the emergency meeting between the Pakistan Rangers and Border Security Forces (BSF), following reports of three rockets being fired from the other side of the border into Indian territory.
The Border Security Force (BSF) retaliated with machine gun fire following the rocket fire on Friday night.
Last night between 10 and 11 p.m., the BSF said that at least two rockets were fired into the Indian side of the Wagah border.
A third incident of shelling was reported from Ratankalan village two km. from Wagah border, the BSF confirmed.
According to reports, the three rockets, which were fired by Pakistan, fell in the border villages of Dhanoae Kachye and Modahe.
However, no causality was been reported.
Talking to ANI over the phone DIG BSF Jagir Singh confirmed that so far three rockets were fired from Pakistan side. (ANI)
- BSF retaliates after Pak fires three rockets - Sep 12, 2009
- India registers protest on rocket firing from Pakistan side - Sep 12, 2009
- Frightened by shelling from Pakistan, farmers want extra security - Sep 12, 2009
- Fifth rocket shell found in Punjab's Dahleke Village - Sep 13, 2009
- Pakistan denies border firing (Lead) - Sep 12, 2009
- BSF trooper killed in cross border firing in Jammu - Aug 17, 2012
- 107 MM army-type rockets fired into India: BSF (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2009
- Pakistani rockets fired into India, no casualties (Lead) - Jan 09, 2010
- BSF fires into Pakistan after rocket attack - Sep 12, 2009
- India, Pakistan border guards exchange Diwali sweets - Oct 26, 2011
- Rockets fired from Pakistan; BSF warns of strong response (Roundup) - Jan 09, 2010
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- Two rockets fired from Pakistan into Punjab (Lead) - Apr 19, 2010
- Rocket attacks: Pakistan playing blame game, says BSF - Jul 10, 2009
- BSF retaliates to rocket attack from Pakistan, villagers protest (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2009
Tags: allegations, border security force, border villages, bsf, causality, ceasefire, denial, friday night, india and pakistan, indian territory, machine gun fire, pakistan rangers, pakistan side, rocket fire, rockets, security forces, wagah border