Pak court sends US consulate worker on six-day remand on double murder chargesJanuary 28th, 2011 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan 28(ANI): US consulate worker Raymond Davis has been sent on a six-day remand after he was produced in a Pakistan court on charges of shooting dead two Pakistani men in a busy market in Lahore.
The accused was identified as a technical adviser with the US consulate, The Nation reported.
Police said Davis told them that he shot the pillion riders in self-defence after they pulled a pistol on him in an attempted robbery.
On Thursday, three people were killed when the American national opened fire on motorcycle riders and hit another with his car in an attempt to escape from the scene at Mazang Chowk.
Both the injured were shifted to Services Hospital where they were pronounced dead, while the third motorcyclist, who was also injured when hit by the speeding car, succumbed to his wounds during treatment in Services Hospital.
Meanwhile, the post mortem reports of the three victims were released on Friday. According to the report, Abdul Rehman suffered head and brain injuries after being hit by Davis’ vehicle, which caused his death.
Fahim received four bullets in his stomach, back, legs and head while the third victim, identified as Qamar, received three bullets each in leg, back and waist.
Rehman’s dead body has been handed over to his family, and the other two dead bodies will be also released anytime soon. (ANI)
- Gilani declines to comment on US 'diplomat's' arrest - Jan 31, 2011
- Pakistan rejects US demand for Raymond Davis's release - Jan 31, 2011
- Malik for Pak NA committee to probe US citizen's firing in Lahore - Jan 29, 2011
- US official to be produced in court today on charges of killing two Pakistanis in Lahore - Jan 28, 2011
- US demands immediate release of 'diplomat' charged with Lahore double murder - Jan 29, 2011
- US, Pak at odds over identity of consulate worker charged with Lahore double murder - Jan 29, 2011
- US diplomat kills three Pakistanis in Lahore - Jan 28, 2011
- Lahore incident: US consulate vehicle number plate found fake - Jan 28, 2011
- Pak police dismiss murder-accused US official's "self-defence" claim as 'unconvincing' - Feb 05, 2011
- Pak Punjab Govt. won't bow to pressure in murder-accused US diplomat's trial: Shahbaz - Feb 01, 2011
- US seeks custody of double murder-accused diplomat in Pak over diplomatic immunity - Jan 30, 2011
- Davis case: Foreign ministry seeks more time from court - Feb 17, 2011
- Raymond Davis sent to 14-day judicial remand - Feb 11, 2011
- Lahore shooting: Probe calls US official's bluff - Feb 15, 2011
- Raymond Davis is a CIA spy, says British daily - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: attempted robbery, bullets, dead bodies, double murder, fahim, head and brain injuries, jan 28, motorcycle riders, motorcyclist, murder charges, pakistan court, pistol, post mortem, raymond davis, remand, self defence, speeding car, stomach, technical adviser, wounds