Pak court rejects two petitions filed against Raymond DavisMarch 7th, 2011 - 4:46 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar 7(ANI): The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday discarded two petitions regarding double murder-accused US official Raymond Davis, who is being tried in an additional district and sessions court in Lahore’s Kot Lakhpat jail.
Davis had shot dead two men in Lahore on January 27, allegedly in self-defence.
One petition requested the court to prevent Davis’ immunity issue from being heard in the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the Dawn reports.
The second petition requested the court to make the United States a party in the Davis immunity case. Both the petitions were filed by advocate Azhar Siddique.
LHC Chief Justice Ijaz Ahmed Chaudhry discarded the petitions saying that the issues were beyond the court’s jurisdiction.
It was earlier reported that a top-level dialogue between the US and Pakistan was underway to excogitate a settlement on the sensitive issue.
The talks were made public after the US Ambassador in Islamabad, Cameron Munter, called on President Asif Ali Zardari on Saturday and delivered an important message from Washington. (ANI)
- Lahore HC quashes petition to make Ambassador Munter party to Raymond Davis case - Mar 08, 2011
- Lahore HC rejects plea to block 'possible transfer' of Davis to Rawalpindi prison - Mar 04, 2011
- Petition filed in Pak court to make America 'party' in Davis immunity case - Mar 01, 2011
- Pak Foreign Ministry has no records on Davis' diplomatic immunity status: DAG - Mar 15, 2011
- Lahore HC admits petition to make media reports part of Davis immunity case - Mar 02, 2011
- Pak court hears petitions on shifting Raymond Davis, diplomatic immunity - Feb 21, 2011
- Court issues notice to Pak Govt on application against 'special facilities in jail' for Davis - Mar 01, 2011
- Lahore trial court to decide Davis immunity issue - Mar 14, 2011
- Pak court rejects Davis' plea for diplomatic immunity - Mar 03, 2011
- Two US law experts reach Lahore to provide legal assistance to Davis - Mar 05, 2011
- Lahore HC CJ refuses to hear petition against Davis' release - Mar 18, 2011
- Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis' victim - Mar 11, 2011
- Lahore High Court dismisses petitions on Davis immunity - Mar 14, 2011
- Davis case adjourned till March 14 after Pak FM seeks more time to reply on his status - Feb 17, 2011
- Pakistan court indicts Davis for double murder (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,