Pak court doesn’t have a judge to hear Mumbai attack suspect’s caseMay 24th, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, May 24 (ANI): The gravity with which Pakistan is handling the Mumbai terror attack case can be gauged by the fact that the Anti Terrorism Court here adjourned the hearing into the November 2008 terror attacks case till June 6 due to the unavailability of a judge.
The case was adjourned as there was no judge available to hear the case after the transfer of Judge Sakhi Muhammad Kahoot, The Daily Times reports.
It may be noted that the court is trying Lashkar-e-Toiba commander Zakir-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Zarar Shah and several others to determine their involvement in Mumbai attacks.
All the suspects are presently locked in Rawalpinkdi’s Adiala jail.Earlier, the ATC had distributed copies of charge sheets among the suspects, but now it has adjourned the hearing without framing any charges against them.
Similarly, the court also adjourned hearing into bomb-laden vehicles case registered with Sadiqabad Police Station till June 6. (ANI)
- Pakistani prosecutors submit 26/11 evidence in court - Jul 09, 2011
- In camera trial of Lakhvi, Zarar Shah begins at Pakistans Adiala jail - Mar 04, 2009
- Pak anti-terrorism court adjourns 26/11 trial again - Oct 31, 2009
- Special Pak court adjourns Mumbai attack suspect case for a month - Jul 26, 2009
- Lahore High Court directs ATC to frame charges against Mumbai attack accused - Oct 28, 2009
- Pak court extends remand of Mumbai terror suspects - Apr 15, 2009
- 26/11: Pak resumes case against 5 LeT - Aug 29, 2009
- Pak govt. files chargesheet against key 26/11 perpetrators, hearing on July 25 - Jul 18, 2009
- Mumbai terror suspects' judicial remand extended for another 14 days - Apr 01, 2009
- Pak court defers Salman Taseer assassin's indictment till February 4 - Feb 02, 2011
- Mumbai terrorist attacks accused seek open trial - May 23, 2010
- Lahore attack aimed at releasing Lakhvi: Pak investigation agency - Mar 05, 2009
- Rawalpindi court adjourns trial of 26/11 accused till Oct 10 - Oct 03, 2009
- Pak court directs FIA to implement Musharraf's arrest warrant in BB murder case - Apr 09, 2011
- Pak anti-terrorism court issues notices in 26/11 case - May 09, 2010