Pak court directs police to confiscate ‘absconder’ Musharraf’s propertyMay 15th, 2010 - 5:00 pm ICT by ANI
Abbottabad, May 15 (ANI): A local court here while declaring former President General Pervez Musharraf an ‘absconder’ has directed authorities to confiscate his property.
The District and Sessions Judge Abdul Mateen directed the police to impound Musharraf’s property and submit its report to the court till May 17.
On Thursday, the Peshawar High Court’s Abbottabad bench had upheld a decision by the lower court nominating Musharraf as the main accused in a case concerning the mysterious disappearance of a scientist who worked for the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC).
Scientist Attiqur Rehman’s family had claimed that he was picked up by intelligence officials on June 25, 2004, the day he was about to get married.
A case naming Musharraf as the main accused was filed in the lower court in this regard. The district and sessions judge had then ordered the local police to record the statement of Sadiqur Rehman, Attiqur’s father.
Following a prolonged trial, the judge issued an order on October 30, 2009 directing the authorities to declare the main accused as a proclaimed offender. The order also called for confiscation of the property of the accused, The Dawn reports. (ANI)
- Pakistan to tap Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Feb 25, 2012
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Judge rejects list of Musharraf's properties - Jul 10, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Musharraf reissued in Benazir case - Jun 11, 2011
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
- Benazir assassination case: Pak to seek Interpol help in netting Musharraf - Mar 27, 2011
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Pakistan court declares Musharraf 'proclaimed offender' - May 30, 2011
- Himachal to seize illegal assets of officials - Aug 30, 2011
- Sindh High Court issues notices to Musharraf, Interior Ministry over May 2007 carnage - May 15, 2010
- FIA asks Pak court to declare Musharraf 'absconder' in Benazir murder case - Apr 24, 2011
- Remove mobile phone tower, court tells building owner - Jun 16, 2011
- Another corrupt Bihar official's home to house school - Dec 04, 2011
- To track ill-gotten assets, Bihar ready to cross borders - Feb 16, 2012
- Court curbs on seizure of Dawood kin's homes (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: absconder, atomic energy commission, authorities, bench, confiscation, dawn, former president, intelligence officials, local court, mysterious disappearance, paec, pakistan atomic energy commission, pervez musharraf, peshawar high court, president general pervez musharraf, proclaimed offender, regard, scientist, sessions