Pak court directs FIA to implement Musharraf’s arrest warrant in BB murder caseApril 9th, 2011 - 5:36 pm ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, April 9(ANI): A special Anti-terrorism Court (ATC) in Rawalpindi has directed the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to implement its orders to arrest former president Pervez Musharraf in connection with the Benazir Bhutto assassination case.
Musharraf, during whose presidency former Prime Minister Benazir’s assassination took place in Rawalpindi on December 27, 2007, was not named an accused in the original FIR, but the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) later required him for investigation and named him in the case suspecting him of abetment/conspiracy, following which the court issued non-bailable arrest warrants thrice for him.
The notice, however, remained un-executed the third time as well, as no arrest of Musharraf, who lives in London, could come about.
The special ATC’s judge Rana Nisar Ahmed Khan heard the Benazir assassination case at Adiala prison in Rawalpindi on Saturday (today), Samaa TV reports.
Wajid Zia, the head of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) constituted to probe the case, presented a letter from the British government concerning the implementation of the arrest warrant for Musharraf.
The letter stated that the British government was making efforts to act on the ATC-issued arrest warrant of Musharraf, and sought more time to implement the court’s orders.
Upon this, the counsel for Saud Aziz, former Rawalpindi City Police Officer (CPO) who has been charged with negligence of duty in providing security cover to former Prime Minister Benazir, pleaded the court to issue a red warrant for Musharraf’s arrest, but the court declined the request.
The ATC directed the FIA to implement the arrest warrants for Musharraf, and adjourned the hearing of the case until April 23. (ANI)
- FIA asks Pak court to declare Musharraf 'absconder' in Benazir murder case - Apr 24, 2011
- Musharraf's interview presented in court in connection with Benazir assassination case - Apr 23, 2011
- Pakistan has not yet requested Britain for Musharraf's extradition: Cameron - Apr 06, 2011
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- UK refuses to hand over Musharraf to Pakistan in absence of extradition treaty - Apr 03, 2011
- 'Zardari stopped Pak authorities from conducting autopsy on Benazir's body' - Dec 23, 2010
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak probe agency gets 15 days to produce Musharraf in court in BB murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- Benazir assassination case: Pak to seek Interpol help in netting Musharraf - Mar 27, 2011
- Accused former Rawalpindi cop's u-turn on Benazir Bhutto's security claims - Dec 23, 2010
- Arrest warrant against Musharraf reissued in Benazir case - Jun 11, 2011
- Musharraf's status can't be changed 'from accused to witness' in Benazir murder case - Feb 27, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,