Pak arrests 22 Indian fishermen for violating maritime boundaryMarch 19th, 2011 - 3:11 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar 19(ANI): The Maritime Security Agency (MSA) of Pakistan has arrested 22 Indian fishermen for fishing inside Pakistani territorial waters.
MSA spokesperson Lieutenant Commander Naeem said the fishermen were arrested while fishing in the exclusive economic zone on Friday, the Daily Times reported.
Their fishing vessel has also been seized by the MSA.
All the fishermen will be handed over to police after initial interrogation.
There have been numerous incidents of Indian fishermen been arrested by the Pakistani maritime force for violating the maritime boundary between the two countries. (ANI)
- Pak arrests 5 Indian fishermen for violating maritime boundary - Oct 07, 2010
- Five Indian fishermen held in Pakistan - Oct 07, 2010
- Pak arrests 26 Indian fishermen for violating maritime boundary - Mar 11, 2011
- Pak arrests five Indian fishermen for violating maritime boundary - Dec 04, 2010
- Pakistan arrests 23 Indian fishermen - Apr 04, 2012
- Pakistan arrests 48 Indian fishermen - Sep 30, 2011
- Pakistan arrests 31 Indian fishermen - Jan 22, 2012
- Pak maritime security arrests 13 Indian fishermen - Nov 06, 2009
- Pak arrests 17 Indian fishermen for violating sea limits - Apr 14, 2010
- Pak arrests 31 Indian fishermen on charges of violation of sea limits - Mar 22, 2009
- 26 Indian fishermen held in Pakistan - Mar 11, 2011
- 13 Indian fishermen held in Pakistan - Mar 23, 2011
- 12 Indian fishermen held in Pakistan - Dec 17, 2011
- 16 Indian fishermen held in Pakistan - Sep 13, 2009
- Pak announces release of 100 Indian fishermen as 'goodwill gesture' - Dec 23, 2009
Tags: economic zone, fishing vessel, indian fishermen, interrogation, lieutenant commander, maritime boundary, maritime security, msa, naeem, pakistan, security agency, spokesperson, territorial waters