Pak Army pushes Taliban out of Peochar Valley in Swat, claims ISPRMay 30th, 2009 - 11:53 am ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, May 30 (ANI): The Pakistan Army has claimed that it has pushed the Taliban out of Bahrain and Peochar village in the Swat Valley, killing at least 28 insurgents including a top commander Khush Mir Khan alias Abu Huzaifa in the process.
Security forces have also arrested seven Taliban from different areas of the valley.
Five soldiers and two civilians have also been injured in the operation, a statement issued by the ISPR said.
“In a cordon-and-search operation, the forces cleared Taliban stronghold of Peochar village. “The army destroyed Taliban hideouts, including a madrassa, and seized 12 UN-registered vehicles,” The Daily Times quoted the statement, as saying.
Security personnel have also discovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition and rations stolen from NGOs from four tunnels in the region.
The Army has claimed that it has killed more than 1,200 Taliban in the operation since it was launched last month, and it has also lost about 80 of troops.
Meanwhile, troops continued their cordon-and-search operation in Mingora, and have reportedly established their control over Aman Kot. (ANI)
- Number of displaced persons hits 3.4 million mark in Pak - May 30, 2009
- Pakistani forces kill 28 Taliban in Swat (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Youth's killing triggers tensions in north Kashmir - Feb 11, 2012
- Six Taliban fighters killed, 21 surrender in NWFP - Sep 23, 2009
- Army soldier, two terrorists killed in Rajouri gunbattle - Aug 16, 2010
- Pak troops kill 114 Taliban in Dir, Swat - Jul 21, 2009
- Pakistani troops battle Taliban in Swat's main city - May 23, 2009
- Taliban engaging in street fighting after Pak Army storms into Mingora - May 24, 2009
- Normalcy returning to Mingora: Pakistani military - Jun 01, 2009
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- Pak Army advances further into Taliban's stronghold - Jun 01, 2009
- Rajouri encounter against militants ends after three days - Aug 16, 2010
- Swat operations in final phase: Pakistani military - Jun 22, 2009
- Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants killed in Shopian encounter - Oct 14, 2010
- Afghan mass jail escape had 'inside help': Minister - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: alias, ammunition, civilians, hideouts, insurgents, ispr, madrassa, mingora, ngos, pak army, pakistan army, rations, rawalpindi, search operation, security forces, security personnel, stronghold, swat valley, taliban, tunnels